Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
.betty.white.
scariest thing ever happened to me :( pics in replies
March 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I had to get a truck for my second job. I've been doing some work to it and today was its mayden voyage. So I went over to my parents who live on top of a hill to pick up my sister and take her and DS to school.

Now I've driven sticks all my life. When I start them I've always put it into 1st or neutral taken off the e brake whole holding the foot break with my foot and then started the engine.

I found out this morning if done in this order without the engine on the wheel locks up and the breaks don't work.

So kids in the car I do this and we go zooming out of control down a hill with no way to stop. Well we where stopped by my parents neighbors property. The kids where laughing the whole time. Thank God no one was hurt :( I am so scared to drive it again!

Replies

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM

• megan71108
    March 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Bump for pics
    Glad your ok!!!
  • angelbabies11
    March 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    Oh wow! I would have a heart attack! Glad y'all are ok!
  • mamadrama15

Oh my goodness glad y'all are okay! 

• .betty.white.

Truck

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Now the shock has worn off I keep thinking the what ifs.... like what if my wheels had been straight I would have gone right into a busy street with them in the car
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Wow I am so glad nobody was hurt. This same thing happened to my husband and me.

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I've never driven a stick that did that! Had no idea it was even a possibility

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I am so glad nobody was hurt. This same thing happened to my husband and me.

• PinkButterfly66
    March 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You start the engine in park ALWAYS.  

• mich.el.le
    March 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Crazy. I didn't know manuals would do that. Was it that the power steering and brakes didn't work or was there NOTHING?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts