Mom Confessions

.betty.white.
scariest thing ever happened to me :( pics in replies
March 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I had to get a truck for my second job. I've been doing some work to it and today was its mayden voyage. So I went over to my parents who live on top of a hill to pick up my sister and take her and DS to school.

Now I've driven sticks all my life. When I start them I've always put it into 1st or neutral taken off the e brake whole holding the foot break with my foot and then started the engine.

I found out this morning if done in this order without the engine on the wheel locks up and the breaks don't work.

So kids in the car I do this and we go zooming out of control down a hill with no way to stop. Well we where stopped by my parents neighbors property. The kids where laughing the whole time. Thank God no one was hurt :( I am so scared to drive it again!

Replies

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM

• megan71108
    March 26, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Bump for pics
    Glad your ok!!!
  • angelbabies11
    March 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    Oh wow! I would have a heart attack! Glad y'all are ok!
  • mamadrama15

Oh my goodness glad y'all are okay! 

• .betty.white.

Truck

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    Now the shock has worn off I keep thinking the what ifs.... like what if my wheels had been straight I would have gone right into a busy street with them in the car
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Wow I am so glad nobody was hurt. This same thing happened to my husband and me.

• .betty.white.
    March 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    I've never driven a stick that did that! Had no idea it was even a possibility

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow I am so glad nobody was hurt. This same thing happened to my husband and me.

• PinkButterfly66
    March 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You start the engine in park ALWAYS.  

• mich.el.le
    March 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Crazy. I didn't know manuals would do that. Was it that the power steering and brakes didn't work or was there NOTHING?

Mom Confessions