Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
tharealty2
Scary Movies aren't Scary anymore
March 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM

my sister told me about this movie she watched the other day - Sinister.  She said it was sooo disturbing and she had to get her husband to walk out to the living room when it was over and walk with her back to her room - then sleep with the lamp on.  So I watched it with dh - he fell asleep and it wasn't scary. Plus it made me mad bc I hate scary movies that keep houses dark the entire time - even during the day.  Most people keep lights on thru out the day even in the brightest part of the day and they certainly don't go wondering around in their dark house to figure out 'what that noise was', and to me, its cheating - like you must not tell a good story or have a really talented director if you have to keep it dark for it to be 'scary',. if you kwim.  Anyway,. I know I'm rambling,. have you seen any truly scary movies lately?  Whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

Replies

• theosgirl45
    March 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM

The taking, was that the one about aliens?  And in the end it was somewhat religious?

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I thought sinister was scary but noticed that same thing. I was like 'is their power out???'. Lol. A couple of books have scared me. The taking and what the night knows by dean koontz are so scary. Ugh

• JDmommyJD
    March 23, 2013 at 11:52 PM
    Lol. Everyone raved over paranormal too.... SNOOZE! Most boring movie..ever!
  • raefmom
    by raefmom
    March 23, 2013 at 11:53 PM

The last scary movie was 1408. I should not have watched that at night in an empty house. 

• Sanctimommy
    March 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I am currently attemting to muddle through a very childish horror movie called the Wicked. Part of me is saying, "Why bother?" and another part is going, "Jesus will someone just die already? Can we get a little blood and guts up in here? SOMEthing???". 

It is a fucking cinematic wasteland these days.

• CBMMOM
    by CBMMOM
    March 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Haven't seen a good scary movie in AGES. 

I so agree. The people, even though they are fictional, are sooooooo stupid. 

I'm holding my breath for the up-coming Evil Dead remake. The first one was supposed to be "scary" but it turned out to be campy. I'm curious to see how it looks since Raimi and Campbell are involved with the remake. The previews look interesting. 

I saw previews for Evil Dead last night. It looks pretty scary.

• wulfeyes05
    March 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

If that's the one with the three people in masks it did happen. Based on a true story.

Quoting Anonymous:

The strangers because that can happen.

• KarriePlus1
    March 23, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I am a big horror fan. I don't get scared much by any movie. I watch a movie, and it bothers me for about fifteen minutes afterward. Then I'm fine. Sinister wasn't that bad. The most recent movie to freak me out a bit was The Possesion. But only because of the red light scene and the fact that my tarantula's heat lamp lights the bathroom like that.

I don't have a scariest movie that I've ever seen. Disturbing ones, but not scary ones. I've only had a few that I had to turn off.

• wulfeyes05
    March 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Quoting CBMMOM:

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Haven't seen a good scary movie in AGES. 

I so agree. The people, even though they are fictional, are sooooooo stupid. 

I'm holding my breath for the up-coming Evil Dead remake. The first one was supposed to be "scary" but it turned out to be campy. I'm curious to see how it looks since Raimi and Campbell are involved with the remake. The previews look interesting. 

I saw previews for Evil Dead last night. It looks pretty scary.

I am so excited for the remake, want to see how it holds up 

• tharealty2
    March 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I think the last scary move I saw was Grudge - the first one - that freaked me out and had me staring at dark corners in my house for weeks, lol.  The original Japanes versions of scary movies remakes over here are pretty screwy too - somethings off about the Japanese, lol.

• cookiemonster77
    March 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Have any of you,watched the first season of American horror story? Not so scary but pretty creepy. I loved loved loved it! Watched the whole thing on my iPad in 2 days.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts