Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
did you scream and yell in labor?
by Anonymous
March 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Replies

• RaynesMommy07
    March 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    No. I have as little talking as possible going on. Even the nurses are quiet. It goes so smooth that way.
  • wonderwomanT08
    No
  • lovemysnugbugs
    No but I grunted a little with my second. The nurse told me "if you're grunting you're not pushing". I wanted to smack her. My daughter came out in 3 pushes.
  • Pink.Frosting

No, I was silent during my first.  I cried and moaned during my second.  But I never screamed or yelled.

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    No. Its not conducive to good pushing lol two natural one walking epi. Def a crap ton of pain tho
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    I was quiet. Though when I thought it was over and was told, no, that was just the baby's head and the shoulders were next, I do remember saying FUCK very loudly. I had a 9lb baby with no epidural.
  • AnnRmommaof3
    March 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

No pain meds, and was terrified because I went a month early, (and he did have problems at birth). I had it all natural and yes I screamed and screamed and screamed at the birth center I had him at. It hurt, especially the crowning. And nothing could have prepared me for actual childbirth not the classes I had gone to or anything. Second child came on time and I was much more calm and didn't scream much. By the third I didn't scream at all, I just cried very quietly. With twins, I am scared now because I have never had 2 at a time. Its a little scary. If I need a C-section, I will cry probably but I won't scream I dont think.

• Pink.Sunshine

I was loud moaning and groaning, but I was not screaming and acting crazy like the ladies I've heard on my floor.

• raefmom
    by raefmom

I didn't scream for any of mine. Including the all natural one. I waited too long to decide yes I want the epi, my son was already crowned. I did cry and moan a bit. I refused to even hold my husbands hand or any part of his body after my mom said she dislocated my dad's shoulder during one of our births. 

Then again, I am not a loud person in general. 

• nicolemead91
    March 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    I screamed only when I was actually pushing my DS out.. Like when I could feel his head & then shoulders..I ended up getting ripped pretty bad..I needed a lot of stitches.. I did scream but I wasn't overly dramatic. When I would have a really bad contraction I would just try to breath threw it.. I really wasn't too bad tho.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN