Mom Confessions

Anonymous
did you scream and yell in labor?
by Anonymous
March 23, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I just watched a video and I'm curious. I never did with either of my kids, I was super calm, God only knows how or why...

I also heard a woman screaming the night I gave birth to my first daughter.

Replies

• RaynesMommy07
    March 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    No. I have as little talking as possible going on. Even the nurses are quiet. It goes so smooth that way.
  • wonderwomanT08
    No
  • lovemysnugbugs
    No but I grunted a little with my second. The nurse told me "if you're grunting you're not pushing". I wanted to smack her. My daughter came out in 3 pushes.
  • Pink.Frosting

No, I was silent during my first.  I cried and moaned during my second.  But I never screamed or yelled.

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    No. Its not conducive to good pushing lol two natural one walking epi. Def a crap ton of pain tho
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I was quiet. Though when I thought it was over and was told, no, that was just the baby's head and the shoulders were next, I do remember saying FUCK very loudly. I had a 9lb baby with no epidural.
  • AnnRmommaof3
    March 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM

No pain meds, and was terrified because I went a month early, (and he did have problems at birth). I had it all natural and yes I screamed and screamed and screamed at the birth center I had him at. It hurt, especially the crowning. And nothing could have prepared me for actual childbirth not the classes I had gone to or anything. Second child came on time and I was much more calm and didn't scream much. By the third I didn't scream at all, I just cried very quietly. With twins, I am scared now because I have never had 2 at a time. Its a little scary. If I need a C-section, I will cry probably but I won't scream I dont think.

• Pink.Sunshine

I was loud moaning and groaning, but I was not screaming and acting crazy like the ladies I've heard on my floor.

• raefmom
    by raefmom

I didn't scream for any of mine. Including the all natural one. I waited too long to decide yes I want the epi, my son was already crowned. I did cry and moan a bit. I refused to even hold my husbands hand or any part of his body after my mom said she dislocated my dad's shoulder during one of our births. 

Then again, I am not a loud person in general. 

• nicolemead91
    March 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    I screamed only when I was actually pushing my DS out.. Like when I could feel his head & then shoulders..I ended up getting ripped pretty bad..I needed a lot of stitches.. I did scream but I wasn't overly dramatic. When I would have a really bad contraction I would just try to breath threw it.. I really wasn't too bad tho.

Mom Confessions