Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Things your mom did that you disagree with
by Anonymous
March 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
My mom and I were talking today and the subject of bathing came up. She told me that from the time I was born until I was 3 or 4 she bathed me twice a day everyday. I was shocked because I had HORRIBLE excema as a baby and throughout childhood and, well, now I know why.

What are some things that your mom did to you that you would never do?

I'll add:

-She put me to sleep on my stomach as an infant and more than once I stopped breathing.

-She put me in beauty pageants.

-She wouldn't let me play outdoors.

Replies

• kaycersmom
    March 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Back then you were supposed to put babies to sleep on their stomach.
    My mom died when i was little i don't agree with it lol
  • littlesippycup
    March 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM

She beat us. I don't agree with that.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She didn't breastfeed me because she didn't feel like it & I had horrible allergies to milk. She fed me cow's milk formula eventhough it made me so sick that I would throw it all up & have terrible diarrhea. I was underweight & failure to thrive because of it. Finally someone in the family suggested soy formula & she tried it & I got better & started gaining weight. I really wish she just would have breastfed me instead of having selfish reasons not to. Now that I'm an adult I now see what a selfish person she is. Because of a thousand more things I'm starting the process of cutting her out of my life completly.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    She used to feed us tuna in ice cream cones. I dont disagree with this, mainly I find it funny, because hey at least it was a creative way to get us to eat, but it may be why I am not a fan of ice cream cones lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

She cursed me to have kids exactly like me. Wait I may do that one. ;)

• CeeGee81
    March 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Everything lol

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    She let me start smoking at 13. I wih she would've tried to stop me. If she had, I wish I would've listened (I wouldn't have).
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    I have never met anyone that as an adult was upset about how they were fed as an infant lmao I hope those "thousand more things" are better reasons than not breastfeeding, for you to cut her out of your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't breastfeed me because she didn't feel like it & I had horrible allergies to milk. She fed me cow's milk formula eventhough it made me so sick that I would throw it all up & have terrible diarrhea. I was underweight & failure to thrive because of it. Finally someone in the family suggested soy formula & she tried it & I got better & started gaining weight. I really wish she just would have breastfed me instead of having selfish reasons not to. Now that I'm an adult I now see what a selfish person she is. Because of a thousand more things I'm starting the process of cutting her out of my life completly.

• AthenaRadhaGaia
    March 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    Took off and expected me to watch her kids she didnt work and after a while did no housework either
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM

She continued to push milk on me to the point I threw up every morning. She admits I couldnt handle it as a baby and had to have a soy based formula. Why would that change?

She tied me to the chair and left me for an hour because I refused to eat liver. I ended up throwing it on the floor to finally be free. I will never tie my kids to the table to make them eat something. I will over it to them. If they don't like it. Fine but never force them to eat it. 

I could go on, but I think those point out why I was afraid to be a mom. And stuff I would never to do my kids.

Mom Confessions