Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Things your mom did that you disagree with
by Anonymous
March 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM
My mom and I were talking today and the subject of bathing came up. She told me that from the time I was born until I was 3 or 4 she bathed me twice a day everyday. I was shocked because I had HORRIBLE excema as a baby and throughout childhood and, well, now I know why.

What are some things that your mom did to you that you would never do?

I'll add:

-She put me to sleep on my stomach as an infant and more than once I stopped breathing.

-She put me in beauty pageants.

-She wouldn't let me play outdoors.

Replies

• kaycersmom
    March 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Back then you were supposed to put babies to sleep on their stomach.
    My mom died when i was little i don't agree with it lol
  • littlesippycup
    March 22, 2013 at 7:51 PM

She beat us. I don't agree with that.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She didn't breastfeed me because she didn't feel like it & I had horrible allergies to milk. She fed me cow's milk formula eventhough it made me so sick that I would throw it all up & have terrible diarrhea. I was underweight & failure to thrive because of it. Finally someone in the family suggested soy formula & she tried it & I got better & started gaining weight. I really wish she just would have breastfed me instead of having selfish reasons not to. Now that I'm an adult I now see what a selfish person she is. Because of a thousand more things I'm starting the process of cutting her out of my life completly.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 22, 2013 at 7:53 PM
    She used to feed us tuna in ice cream cones. I dont disagree with this, mainly I find it funny, because hey at least it was a creative way to get us to eat, but it may be why I am not a fan of ice cream cones lol
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

She cursed me to have kids exactly like me. Wait I may do that one. ;)

• CeeGee81
    March 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Everything lol

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    March 22, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    She let me start smoking at 13. I wih she would've tried to stop me. If she had, I wish I would've listened (I wouldn't have).
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 22, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    I have never met anyone that as an adult was upset about how they were fed as an infant lmao I hope those "thousand more things" are better reasons than not breastfeeding, for you to cut her out of your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

She didn't breastfeed me because she didn't feel like it & I had horrible allergies to milk. She fed me cow's milk formula eventhough it made me so sick that I would throw it all up & have terrible diarrhea. I was underweight & failure to thrive because of it. Finally someone in the family suggested soy formula & she tried it & I got better & started gaining weight. I really wish she just would have breastfed me instead of having selfish reasons not to. Now that I'm an adult I now see what a selfish person she is. Because of a thousand more things I'm starting the process of cutting her out of my life completly.

• AthenaRadhaGaia
    March 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    Took off and expected me to watch her kids she didnt work and after a while did no housework either
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 22, 2013 at 7:57 PM

She continued to push milk on me to the point I threw up every morning. She admits I couldnt handle it as a baby and had to have a soy based formula. Why would that change?

She tied me to the chair and left me for an hour because I refused to eat liver. I ended up throwing it on the floor to finally be free. I will never tie my kids to the table to make them eat something. I will over it to them. If they don't like it. Fine but never force them to eat it. 

I could go on, but I think those point out why I was afraid to be a mom. And stuff I would never to do my kids.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN