Mom Confessions

unsuspected
Induced Birth Poll
March 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Everyone I know who has been induced all ended up having emergency c -sections, I was wondering what is more common.  

EDIT  I guess I should have been more specific, I was talking about induction with a pitocin drip. 

I was induced, it ended with
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 18% - an emergency c section
  2. 81% - a vaginal delivery

Replies

• rebecca.n
    March 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I was induced and delivered 18 hours later.

• toopicky429
    March 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    Induced twice, and had two vaginal deliveries without any complications. I was a couple days under 42 weeks with both.
  • PinkyPan

Induced and had an emergency c-section due to fetal distress.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

They broke my water and she was a vag birth 3 hours later

• pinkdaisy8864
    March 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I was induced and had my baby out of my vagina :D

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

I was "induced" with my 2nd I use the quotes bc I was in labor and they just wanted to control things. They never took me off the lowest dose bc my water broke before they could. I hbirth animal birth. My first was also vaginal without induction and th 3rd was at home.

I do know several woman induced that had c sections. Most were first time moms which ups your risk by 50%. It's also more risky to be induced without any signs of labor vs "stalling" or coming in a 4 and using pit. There are a lot of factors but over all pit makes labor harder on mom and  baby which leads to the causes for c section.

• mcginnisc

I was induced and had an emergency c-section... mine was not a typical reason though. Our dd Kahlan stopped moving, so when I got to L&D when my OB sent me, they hooked me up and she was already gone. They induced me and after 3 days of no progression and my body shutting down, I had an emergency c-section. I was 36 weeks. 

• DonnaNoble
    My induction ended in a voluntary c-section.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    First pregnancy was an induced/c-section.
  • mnivis01
    March 22, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Neither. They broke my water at around 10am and I had my DS at 235pm.

Mom Confessions