Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
smoking while pregnant
by Anonymous
March 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

here is my confession.. i smoked aabout 5-10 cigs a day while preg... my baby boy came out perfectly healthy 9 lbs but to this day i still feel awful.. i tried so hard to quit but had some deaths in the family (father) and my job was so stressful.. still no excuse tho i just feel horrible to this day id give anyhting to take it back sad

Replies

• SterlingHeart
    March 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

i cut back to less than 4 a day 

my kids too were very healthy and all over 8 lbs -- not one of them has any issues either like asthma 

• KristenFowles
    March 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM
    I loath smoking.

I hope you quit for that little boy mama.

I just watched my gramma suffer a slow miserable death far too young to lung cancer. Don't put him through that.
  • LovingSAHMommy
    March 20, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Stop beating yourself up. We all make mistakes. All you can do us learn from it and vow never to do it again. That, and be thankful that he was fine.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I smoked while I was pregnant with my son.  Almost everyone smoked in the 70's.  There were ashtrays in movie theaters, grocery stores, airplanes...and even in the hospital when I had him.  Most mom's were smoking while they held their babies for the first time in the hospital room.    He was almost 9lbs when he was born, so no birth weight problems, and he was always genius level IQ and gifted.   

I quit about 2 months after he was born.

• Allebas
    by Allebas
    March 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Yep!! I agree! I know 2 guys who lost both their moms to lung cancer due to smoking. My mom's cousin also died from lung cancer from smoking.

Quoting KristenFowles:

I loath smoking.

I hope you quit for that little boy mama.

I just watched my gramma suffer a slow miserable death far too young to lung cancer. Don't put him through that.

• imakehimscream
    March 20, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Cigarette smoke made me so sick to my stomach. Dh would have to wash up real good after he smoked. If he didn't i would throw up. So he stopped smoking near me and the house
  • MistyMoo
    March 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    I smoked while I was pregnant with both of my children, but I smartened up and quit. It's been a little over a year now.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM
    Well I smoked while pregnant until I was 18weeks along(that's when I found out I was pregnant) and she was born with Asthma. I feel like it is my fault.
  • BEXi
    by BEXi
    March 20, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    Its never too late to stop smoking for your children. I quit over two years ago. Good luck!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM

i did too..i still feel terrible 25yrs later

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts