Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Are you dreading an upcoming family event because you can't stand your in-laws?
March 20, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Have a family event coming up that you're dreading because you cannot STAND your in-laws? Tell us about it!

arguing

Replies

• SterlingHeart
    March 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM

no thankfully we are doing Easter Sunday with my dad and step mom --- I love being at their home. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

This sounds terrible but there was a funeral for a distant uncle a few days ago, neither dh or could go beause of work and an interview. I was thankful. Ive done 6 funerals for his family and its the weirdest event. They are VERY different from my family.

Easter is coming up, im dreading it because of MY family. I have a divorced family and we have to go to EVERY home and both expect us to be there all freaking day on top of fitting my in laws in. God forbid I want to do easter at my own home!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    Nope. I don't go anywhere that any of my inlaws are going to be at.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

It's not because I dislike my inlaws.  It's that I dislike their sense of time, other peoples time and how they live in their own world.

Like Easter.  We didn't know tila few nights ago that they were going out of town.   So both me and SIL are ticked because its DS and my neice's 1st Easter.  From the way they just casually told us, I don't think they had plans to tell us.

my neices 1st bday is in a few weeks, and even though SIL is having it at the clubhouse, RIGHT BEHIND my inlaws house, they've already given her grief about the time, the day, they won't give her a yes or no  . . blah blah. . . .   Planning anything with the inlaws is a nightmare.

Then DS 1st bday is comming up.  Same issue.    

I love them, and theyre great people.  But they live in a tiny world where no one's time matters but theirs.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

No.We stay home and do a lot of holidays here.My dh works nights,even on holidays,in the health profession, and has to sleep during the day.Its just too much to run all over every holiday.We have 4 kids and we want them to have some memories of celebrating here when they are all grown up and not constant running here and running there.We did that when we had up to 2 of the kids and it was too much!

• AmberRose1122
    March 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    I won't be joining in this year. SIL and I are at odds currently and my DF is living with his parents right now. We are getting to where we need to be but I just don't feel comfortable just yet.
  • Raeann11
    March 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yes, Easter weekend.

• CorpCityGrl

Easter.  It's only really because my MIL is insane and she just assumes that we will spend every holiday with her. She does not even celebrate Easter or do anything for it.  She hasn't stepped foot in a church since she was a teenager and never even taught her kids about Easter. 

• opal10161973

I am dreading my wedding, but not because of my in-laws.  It's because it will be the first event that my Mom and my Ex Step Dad will be at together- along with the woman he left my Mom for.  I don't even want my ESD to walk me down the aisle, but it's expected.  Oh and we decided on the 31st before we realised that it was Easter, so some people couldn't even afford to fly down at $1200/ticket and yes, they are making it unpleasantly known to us.  *eyeroll*  SMH 

Is it April yet? 

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    March 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I don't have any inlaws left i wished I did.

Easter will be at our house like all the other holidays & yes I kind of dread them as my stepsons and thier families make a ton of messes don't help with any food prep or clean up and leave all the messes to me to clean up. This yr my stepson and his family want to spend the night as they are helping his dad my dh brong home a tractor it's pointless to drive so many miles in 2 days time.

I am hoping I won't get stuck with babysitting the grand kids because they are going to think they want to go out since it's Saturday night I already get stuck watching them so they can go outside and smoke. UGH!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts