Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
thetrollcat
Naming your kids...
March 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Why is that it appears that with certain generations they all name their kids the same name? There are so many names out there... Why do we group up and name them same names?

Replies

• fkh8ah
    by fkh8ah
    March 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    Its a government conspiracy!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

popularity.  Same as fashion trends. *shrug*

• kitchen.ninja
    March 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    My oldest is named Riley which us super popular for his generation. I named him after Buffy and think tv ( pop culture) is a huge influence and that's why.
  • Crymsm
    by Crymsm
    March 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    Only crazy people do that lol.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    I really only just met (well on here) someone with a DS that has the same name as mine, and I didn't think his was too far fetched!
  • CjEmmemommy
    March 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Idk know. I didn't want a super common name for my kids. CJ is named after his dad, emmarie was my spin on plain Emma which hubby wanted (so glad we did something different) and Ethan which has also been my favorite name, his is more common but still nothing like the current Caden, aiden, Emma, Isabella situation currently happening,

• xboybrksgrlx
    March 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Our son is William. It's a family name my dh and fil are Williams that go by Bill and Big Bill lol
  • thetrollcat

why cant people name their kids based on personality, timing, naming after a long relative? Why go with the fashion bit???

• Josie_P
    by Josie_P

Eh. Russian names generally haven't changed in the past...500 years or so LOL! I gave my daughter a specific name thinking no one else would have it but there are 3 other girls with the same name at my son's gym class.

• nicole4ray
    I use names I really like. Sometimes they're popular, sometimes they're not.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts