Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
coloring/crafts with kids
by Anonymous
March 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM

My 4 yr old will only draw/paint a few lines or dots on a piece of paper and than refuse to use it anymore and request more paper, it drives me nuts, it's like a waste of paper :/ And if I won't give him more paper he no longer wants anything to do with the crayons/markers, paint, whatever.. He does it with just about everything, including those color wonder markers and paints, and that stuff isn't exactly cheap so that ends up being short lived... Does anyone elses kid do this? It kind of sucks we don't get to sit and do some kind of craft for more than a couple minutes before he gets upset with me and doesn't want to participate anymore

Replies

• ajrjj05
    by ajrjj05
    March 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I recycle all my older kids school papers. I give my 4 yr old those to color on. 

• BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
    March 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

That's pretty much how my son has always been when it comes to coloring, painting, etc. He races through it and doesn't add a lot of detail and overall just is disinterested.

Art isn't his thing. Lol. It's not a big deal.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

He's my oldest so nothing to really recycle down to him... 

Quoting ajrjj05:

I recycle all my older kids school papers. I give my 4 yr old those to color on. 

• mamabear55
    March 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My son is the same way. I very seldom paint with him now. He only gets coloring books too instead of blank pieces of paper. It seems to help.

Our new thing is giving him shoelaces and have him string beads on them to make necklaces. He loves it and it works on his coordination

• Anonymous
    March 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
    He just started this about 2 or 3 months ago, he's always been into coloring and stuff, he asks to do it all the time and I always let him pick what type of craft or whatever we're going to do :/
    Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

That's pretty much how my son has always been when it comes to coloring, painting, etc. He races through it and doesn't add a lot of detail and overall just is disinterested.

Art isn't his thing. Lol. It's not a big deal.

• Anonymous
    March 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

He does it with coloring books too, he'll draw one or two lines on a page and go to the next one, we have like 4 coloring books he refuses to color in cause every page has a few lines on it so he says he can't use those pages

Quoting mamabear55:

My son is the same way. I very seldom paint with him now. He only gets coloring books too instead of blank pieces of paper. It seems to help.

Our new thing is giving him shoelaces and have him string beads on them to make necklaces. He loves it and it works on his coordination

• mamabear55
    March 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

lol, I'm sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

He does it with coloring books too, he'll draw one or two lines on a page and go to the next one, we have like 4 coloring books he refuses to color in cause every page has a few lines on it so he says he can't use those pages

Quoting mamabear55:

• Anonymous
    March 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

It's just kind of disappointing cause it used to be something we'd do together during DS1's nap time and all 3 of us could do together as well and I could get projects done for the house or gifts with him with and now he just gets frustrated/mad at me because I won't waste paper 

Quoting mamabear55:

lol, I'm sorry

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mamabear55:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts