Mom Confessions

aka_speezolove
Living in an apartment is...tacky?
March 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM

I just read another post and someone said living in an apartment is tacky. Huh? what? Why? I am seriously wondering why?

There are so many benefits to living in an apartment. Even if I could get a house (which I probably could at some point and have had the opportunity to before but decided against it), I see nothing tacky about living in an apartment.

These are the reasons I personally love living in one:

My land lady is AMAZING.

If something breaks, it isn't my responsibility to shell out the cash to fix it. In teh 6 years we have lived here, we have gotten a new stove and a new fridge (they were both over 20 years old by then).

We have had frozen pipes and backed up sinks and I didn't have to shell out a penny for a plumber.

I get PAID to take care of the lawn.

I don't have to pay property taxes.

Why in the world is apartment living tacky?

Replies

• nocalmegan
    March 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    It's not. That anon was stupid and just trying to find something to bash about
  • jacandjay
    March 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    This

Quoting nocalmegan:

• 2BRBgirlz
    March 18, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Seriously!! My water heater just went out.  I was like "I wish I had a landlord to call!!" , but because I own this POS, I had to fix it! LOL

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Depends on the apartment... Some, a lot, are "tacky/trashy", some are pretty nice. I wouldn't want to live in one though.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 18, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    Been thinking about selling our house to nice into an apt. Sick of ownership responsibility.
  • your_angel
    March 18, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    Nothing tacky about living in an apartment at all.
  • aka_speezolove

I seriously thought that was such an odd comment lol. I have never heard that before.

Quoting jacandjay:

This

Quoting nocalmegan:

• NBean311

I think that judging others for the type of shelter they choose to live in, is tacky. 

• PEEK05
    by PEEK05

If you're a mom on CafeMom, you're trashy in one way or another.

• KayelynnsMama
    I don't get it either. Smh. She was jealous of the poster's body and had to find some other way to bring her down.

Mom Confessions