Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Please tell me what you think
by Anonymous
March 17, 2013 at 3:15 AM

My fiance and I are friends with this married couple that we have known since high school. We have been in and out of contact but for the last 3 year we have been solid on our friendship...or so I thought. The male friend is best man in our upcoming wedding, we go to each others kids bdays, we do dinners, same softball team, etc. Me and the girl aren't super close like my fiance and her husband but we talk a decent amount and don't have any issues...or so i thought. Tonight is the girls birthday. Last week on facebook she made an invite to her birthday dinner and invited all of our mutual friends. We weren't invited. Not by facebook or text or a phone call. We found out from another friend about it last week and ive been upset all week trying to rack my brain on what the fuck the issue is. So this am I get a text saying hey my husband dropped the ball, im having dinner tonight for my bday let him know if you guys wanna go. REALLY? what do any of you make of this? wtf do i say or do? we obviously didnt go and im really bothered by this.

Replies

• kansasmom1978
    March 17, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Maybe he was supposed to ask your fiance and so she thought it was taken care of. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM

It sounds like an honest mistake to me. If she didnt want you ther she would have texted after the fact.

• Sharon300
    March 17, 2013 at 3:20 AM
    Maybe it was just a mistake on his part. I would let it go and not ruin a friendship unless it starts happening more.
  • armywifey26
    March 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Why didn't she text when she realized you guys weren't at the party? Our friends(especially DH's) always send us a "where you at?" text if we aren't at a get together we were supposed to be invited to

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 17, 2013 at 3:22 AM

ok i guess i should have added that shes a drama queen and her "other" friends hate me. i guess theres a lot more to it. im just really pissed and i have been all week because she didnt just forget us. im positive she didnt.

• Anonymous
    March 17, 2013 at 3:23 AM

it wasnt a party it was a dinner of 8 people. so its not like it slipped their mind. it was just close friends.

• Schleetle
    March 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    Well I'd just distance yourself from her so it doesn't mess with the relationship your DH has with hers. Some people just aren't good friends, don't let it get to you.
  • bustybee
    March 17, 2013 at 3:25 AM

could it have been one of those situations where they thought their so invited you so they thought you were already invited things?

• paganmommy4
    March 17, 2013 at 3:26 AM

they probably figured that you didnt need an invite or you were last minute invite or something

• Anonymous
    March 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM

BUMP!

Mom Confessions