Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Are you F•••ing kidding me kid?
by Anonymous
March 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM

That's what I wanted to say.

What I did say is "Go to your room!"

Spring break.  Errands and shopping with ds7 in tow is pure hell.

I got home sanity somewhat intact and ds started the WHINING.  My feet hurt.  Ok go sit down than.  But I'm tired.  Then just go watch cartoons.  But you said in the grocery store after I knocked over the cheese display no more tv.  Oh right.  Kid, look, go find something to do, I just have to put this stuff away.

I hear a dragging noise and kid saying "I don't like this arrangement...."

What?

Go investigate and my 7 yr old has dragged a full sized couch about 5 feet across my effin hardwood floor and is trying to rearrange my damn furniture. 

And that's when my tired, sweaty, frustrated self thought "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

But said "Go to your room.  NOW."

Replies

• EvilAsh
    by EvilAsh
    March 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My mom told me before, if it's real wood, rub walnuts on it, with the shell, I think. It helps with scratches. Worth a try?

Quoting Anonymous:

there is a small scratch, tell me you know how to fix it?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Did he scratch the floor?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

thanks!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Rub a raw walnut on the scratch. It will blend it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

• mary841108
    March 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    Lol hang in there mama!
  • mich.el.le
    March 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Aren't days like that great? ;) 

• KrissyKC
    March 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    This is so foreign to me. I mean, I get tired, too.. but my kids are home schooled, and it's so odd to hear all the complaints about kids on spring and summer break and how they drive their parents bat-poo crazy...
  • sheramom4
    March 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Tell him if he is bored you have a bunch of chores he can do. This always works with my kids and they always find something productive to do.

I would be pissed if the kids thought they could just rearrange the furniture to their liking.

• helema24
    March 12, 2013 at 4:16 PM

theres orange glo that will take the scratch out so long as its a surface scratch!

• ShanesMommy2012
    March 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

My point is, you overreacted.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

• ImNotKarl
    March 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Nah. Not in the shell. It's the oil from the nut itself that buffs out the scratch. It really does work though. It's great. Just a shelled raw walnut. Plus when you buy a whole bag they taste awesome toasted in salad or baked things or I just like them raw. Mmmmm. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

My mom told me before, if it's real wood, rub walnuts on it, with the shell, I think. It helps with scratches. Worth a try?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts