Mom Confessions

Anonymous
I've had a 3 year old in time out for 15 minutes now
by Anonymous
March 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Because she won't quit back talking, telling me no, and she won't stay in time out. I told her her 3 minutes starts when she sits there nicely. Day 1 with this kid and she's naughty as all get out. I'm sitting here beside her, ignoring her, so that she'll stay put.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM

She's being so contrary she told me she doesn't want to get out of time out. 

• emt088
    by emt088
    March 11, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    Meh. Let her sit there then. Shell get bored eventually. That's when you tel her she still has to serve her three minutes
  • Anonymous
    March 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Quoting emt088:

Meh. Let her sit there then. Shell get bored eventually. That's when you tel her she still has to serve her three minutes

That's what I'm doing. She hasn't quit back talking the entire time.

• kelliehelvie
    March 11, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    Don't talk to her!!!! Just sit her down and turn away. She can talk and scream and kick and yell in time out...just no getting up. If she gets up pick her up and sit her back down. No words or eye contact.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Have you tried the 1-2-3 Magic approach? My DD's school uses it in PreK and it works.

• EvilAsh
    by EvilAsh

My kids have sat in a time out for over an hour before. They know it doesn't start until they're calm and quiet. 

• AHmom103

Lol. Have fun. Don't you hate these kind of days? My 5 year old has been in and out of timeout all morning. I told her 1 more time, and she's just going to her room for the afternoon.

• Anonymous
    March 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting kelliehelvie:

Don't talk to her!!!! Just sit her down and turn away. She can talk and scream and kick and yell in time out...just no getting up. If she gets up pick her up and sit her back down. No words or eye contact.

That's what I'm doing and why I'm on cm. I'm just ignoring her. She's pretty stubborn. lol

• Anonymous
    March 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried the 1-2-3 Magic approach? My DD's school uses it in PreK and it works.

Never heard of it.

• BamaMommy2
    March 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never heard of this. What is it, exactly?

Mom Confessions