Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Fil told me tonight that my son needs surgery to "fix" his penis...........
by Anonymous
March 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My son is intact. He also has his first and hopefully only bladder infection. Yesterday he had to have a cath done because he refused to go pee at the doctors office, so now he is a bit irritated down there. He was put on meds so hopefully with that and tons of fluids he will get rid of the pain and discomfort and be able to get rid of the infection. Now tonight fil took a look at my son and the first thing he said was that my son needs surgery. I told him, and the doctor my son saw yesterday that circumcision is out of the question (unless absolutly positively necessary). I would think that if there was an issue the doctor would have said something to me yesterday, or hell even the nurse that did the cath would have said something. I know that the only thing you are suppose the see is the peehole, which is all there is to see, and my ds has a good stream when he does go, so I am not concerned, but god my fil won't leave me alone about the care of my son. Thankfully my dh, mil, and the nurse are all on my side and stick up for me, but how I can get my fil to shut up with out shutting him out or making him feel bad because he is just trying to help, but its irritateing?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:25 PM
    He's ignorant. Anyone circed or not can get an infection. The foreskin actually protects from it.
  • cLanief
    by cLanief
    March 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Lol
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Why did they do a cath and not the sticky thing they put round the penis? That's what they did for my intact son.
    Your fil is an asshole and he's wrong.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

U can't get anyone to shut up or see your side.. Just do as Ou fo snd let it be your fil's problem. Don't kept it get to u.. If your secure with things let it go. My sons and dh or not intact snd I still don't care who des what with their own child's penis lol let it go he's being silly

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

How old is your son?  It feels weird to me that your fil is looking at his penis.  Am I the only one who doesn't know if their son has a "good stream" when they pee? 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM

my son will be three next month, and he is fully potty trained, so catching it wasn't possible because he was "holding" it, when they did the cath the nurse had mentioned his bladder was pretty dry, so he wasn't exactly holding it as much as he just didn't need to go, and he was drinking plenty of water. I was waiting for over an hour and my son decided to take a nap, so I chose to do the cath so they could get him some antibiotics and we could go since my son wasn't going to go pee.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did they do a cath and not the sticky thing they put round the penis? That's what they did for my intact son.
    Your fil is an asshole and he's wrong.

• Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM

what so funny?

Quoting cLanief:

Lol

• Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

My son will be three next month........it is weird but he want's to make sure my son is "ok" since he does have an infection. I think my fil is afraid something will go wrong with my son since out of 9 grandchildren my son is the only boy.

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your son?  It feels weird to me that your fil is looking at his penis.  Am I the only one who doesn't know if their son has a "good stream" when they pee? 

• cLanief
    by cLanief
    March 9, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    That your fil saw your son uncircd and said he needs surgery lol

Pretty sure he didn't mean it needed to be actually fixed cuz there was something off about it but the reason he said it was cuz he thinks he should be circd. Lol
    Nothing to get into a tizzy over. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

what so funny?

Quoting cLanief:

Lol

• Daya81
    by Daya81
    March 10, 2013 at 12:08 AM

tell him to worry about his own penis...

Mom Confessions