Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Does this REALLY get better?
by Anonymous
March 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM

I have a 6 month old. I love her dearly, but sometimes I am so tempted to let her cry it out. And I don't, unless I feel like I may pass out with her.
She hardly sleeps! I am up with her until 5am each morning, every time I put her in bed she wakes up immediately after I pull my arms out from under her. When she wakes up its play time. And god forbid I try to nurse her back to sleep! This has been going on for over 2 months now. I then go to work, and repeat the process. In the day time she is extremely happy and playful. But anytime I lay her down or turn my back, she starts to scream and cry as if her heart has been ripped out of her chest. :(
I have tried a routine, but I guess I need to try harder or think harder. I usually try a bed time bath, dim lights, soft music. It works until she hits the bed and wakes up. And she sleeps in a co-sleeper. She wants to sleep right up next to me, but it's too big of a risk for me.

This is one of those awful sick nights. I tried to take a hot shower, and she screamed the entire time. I have no one else to help. :(

So does it get better with these difficult little monkeys?  

Replies

• harpsichord
    March 9, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Yes.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 9, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Good! I hope so. She is such a joy, but I am at the point of tears tonight. :/

Quoting harpsichord:

Yes.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 9, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I did CIO. It got better for me.

• mandaday
    March 9, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    It does get better. I can't promise when or how- every kid is different. But it does get better
  • Supervane
    March 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM
    I let mine cry it out like 2 nights went back in talked softly etc, and after that she slept thru the night
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yes mama, it does get better. As for right now, there really isn't much you can do. Sounds like you are trying everything you can. If you think it's your scent she's after, try taking one of your shirts that you have worn and putting it in the co-sleeper with her. Hope that something helps and you get some rest. This too shall pass mama. :)

• Zazayam
    by Zazayam

I co-sleep, never had these problems. I'm sure it does indeed get better just keep patient :)

• quickbooksworm
    Read The No Cry Sleep Solution.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I will look for it!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Read The No Cry Sleep Solution.

• justone_jen
    March 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
    Have you tried white noise?

Is she only crying when she's laying down? That could be an ear infection. It could also be teething. Mine is a lunatic when she's teething. You could try side carring a crib, that way she can lay down and nurse, and you can move over once she falls asleep. It's kind of a happy medium between bed sharing and co sleeping.

Hang in there. It does get better. hugs.

Mom Confessions