Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
SERIOUSLY?! Eating Placenta?!
by Anonymous
March 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

It's good for you...mammals do this...it's natural...BLAH BLAH BLAH! Seriously?! GROSS!  Breastfeeding, continuing prenatal vitamins, getting rest and plenty of fluids sounds like a better way to feel great after giving birth to me! Sorry but if it came outta my vagina I'm not putting it in my mouth! Would you eat your menses too if you were told it had vitamins in it? How about dog Sh*t if that was "good for you"?! NO THANKS! I'd have to be on my death bed and it would be the ONLY way to save me. Why are people trying to come up with the craziest freaking things they can? Are there no normal moms left?!?!?!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

bump

• Jaybabies10
    March 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Placenta teddy bear
  • crashblossom
    March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I'm going to make mine into pills. Nothing cray about that.

• butterflyk1ssez

when you deal with life crippling PPD before then you'd do anything to avoid that again. Psychosis induced PPD is the worst thing ever. I'l eat my placenta this time around in hopes and any hopes of warding that off.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.
  • mich.el.le

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

• TSNDDY
    by TSNDDY
    March 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
    You get it encapsulated, its not like you eat it with a knife and fork. It's a pill..
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I had HORRIBLE ppd. My husband left me while still pregnant and was cheating on me before that. I already had another baby with him too. I'm at risk for post partum psycosis as well because I have very mild bi polar. I don't care. it's gross. vitamins and breastfeeding my baby and clinging to my family is what helped me get through it. Not my nasty placenta! sorry but even in pill form it's nasty. there's other pills for that! gross...still just gross. no

• TSNDDY
    by TSNDDY
    March 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
    I just burst out laughing omg

Quoting mich.el.le:

Does your husband go down on you? Is he the only one expected to eat from that buffet?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Oh, really? I'm afraid of getting PPD which is why I don't want to get pregnant. I've dealt with depression and I'm terrified of dealing with it again.

Quoting ColieO:

Most people dehydrate it and crush it into powder, then put it in capsules. They don't usually just munch it or drink it in a smoothie. You can. Most choose not to. I'd do it for PPD. I suffer worse from side effects from medication for PPD that I just end up not taking it at all. If placenta pills really help, I'm willing to try.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts