Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I didn't pay the bill, so they turned it off
by Anonymous
March 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

My heat is off and it's like 20 degrees out. My DD is 2 years old. She needs to be warm.

So, I have my oven set to 500 and left open. I am hoping it'll warm up the house. Is this a bad idea? How much electricity does that use? I can't really afford too much.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    Heck the fire department in the city of Detroit had no power. They said they were heating with gas stoves. Not the safest. But you do what you gotta do.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Did you even read what you typed?

LMAO, key word that you even put in there MOST states, not ALL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Haha. Troll. They can't turn off a utility related to your heat source between November and March in most states. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Chances are they would say "do not do this at home it is dangerous."

Quoting Anonymous:

Heck the fire department in the city of Detroit had no power. They said they were heating with gas stoves. Not the safest. But you do what you gotta do.

• shudderette
    March 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Personally, I would have skipped the car payment before I missed a heat bill. Priorities.

• ashley9603
    March 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

It costs alot more I am sure than your bill...maybe you can get set up with a payment plan so you wont get turned off again....Using your appliances to get warm is only mean for very short term,you need to come up with a plan to get your electric back on...how about heap?

• shortycmlb
    March 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    Quoting Anonymous:

Home depot has a $14 one that works really good

Quoting shortycmlb:

NO! Really? They do that? 

Blankets, layers, and keep that damn oven on. Also get a couple of space heaters. They have them at Wal-Mart for medium sized rooms for $19. Get 3 of them and hole yourself up in 1-2 rooms. 

Hmmm. We have one for if it gets really cold in our daughters rooms, but I'm thinking about getting one for the greenhouse..... Only problem is theres no Home Depot here. BUT OP HONESTLY? It's not like you didn't know the storm was coming! You should have either bought the heaters BEFOREHAND and let the gas get shut off OR paid the bill. Jesus...... SMDH
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    Wow OP

It seems like people are trying to give you helpful advice & yet you are full of excuses.

Sounds to me like your up shits creek without a paddle. Unfortunately for your daughter, she has to share to boat with you. SMH

Quoting Anonymous:

My heat is off and it's like 20 degrees out. My DD is 2 years old. She needs to be warm.

So, I have my oven set to 500 and left open. I am hoping it'll warm up the house. Is this a bad idea? How much electricity does that use? I can't really afford too much.

• kdizzlej
    March 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    Everywhere I have lived they don't turn off the utilities unless you are severely behind on payment. Like several months behind. I doubt they turned it off because of one month behind in payment.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Even agencies like the Salvation Army provides emergency utility assistance.

• jasonadamvowell
    March 7, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    If its gas heat I def understand how she couldn't pay the bill.... The last house we rented had gas heat, I turned it 1 night to like 64 degrees and shut it off the next morning and the bill was like $30! So I shut off the heat and bought electric heaters for each room

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts