Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
HELP IS THIS MY MUCUS PLUG?! *First pregnancy*
by Anonymous
March 7, 2013 at 2:35 AM
I just went pee and there was a dime sized amount of mucus when I wiped! I'm 32 weeks today. No contractions. No cramping. No blood. The mucus was stringy in consistency.

I'm so lost bc this is my first pregnancy. Should I go to the E R? Or wait to tell my doctor at my appt tomorrow???!!

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM

If you are not cramping or anything you are fine. The mucus plug will grow back. Just mention it at your next appointment. But if you start having cramping or contractions call your doc

• crumpy_gat
    No.
    March 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Definitely sounds like it.  Keep in mind that bits of it can come out, it doesn't necessarily all come out at once, and does not always mean labor is imminent.  No need for ER.

• Amiehart62
    March 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM

relax. mucus plugs can replenish. there is nothing to panic about.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 7, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    I don't think it sounds like a mucus plug, but I guess it could be different for everyone. Mine was quite a lot, and with obvious blood. I lost mine at like 36 weeks but went 2 days past my due date. It doesnt necessarily mean you'll go into labor :)
    If you're worried about it, then I'd go ahead and ask your doctor, that's what they're there for.
  • cat405
    by cat405
    March 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM
    I lost my plug 2 weeks before I had ds. Don't go in.
  • paganmommy4
    March 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM

the plug doesnt grow back, and usually you never notice it

• happy41ce
    March 7, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    They will laugh at you if you go in lol it's normal with any pregnancy to lose pieces. As long as you are not bleeding and baby's moving, you are fine.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts