Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I'm thinking about stopping regular check-ups for my son.
by Anonymous
March 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I have never been a big fan of doctors. I have always felt that they interfere with the natural human body in ways that aren't necessary or healthy. I myself don't go to the doctor unless I'm very sick. Maybe once a year I really need antibiotics or something, but I don't go in unless I have to. Its annoying when I do see a doctor becuase they always push me to make an appointment to have some exam done. I have taken my son to all of his well child visits so far and he has had all his immunizations ( although I think they gave him way to many), but now that he is almost 5 I am leaning toward stopping the constant check-ups when nothing is wrong. Thoughts?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

So you don't want preventable illnesses, well... prevented.  wtg mommy!  Darwin at work.

• lendales_mommi
    March 7, 2013 at 1:51 AM

once a year after 5 seems legit if nothing is bothering them. My son rarely has never had to see the doc out side of a check up/immunization. I dont see the big deal

• bowribbonmama
    March 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    Did you read her post?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you don't want preventable illnesses, well... prevented.  wtg mommy!  Darwin at work.

• joci2203
    March 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    So making sure your child gets to the doctor for their yearly checkup will ensure their survival..omg.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I understand your view and don't necessarily disagree with it.  But, if your son goes to school or participates in any kind of sport, camp, club events, they will need to have that check up.  Even if you say that he won't, if the need arrises at a later date, it is much more difficult to get a child in for a check up when they have not been a consistent patient.  To me, well child check up don't hurt.  Basically a check of sight, hearing, heart, height and weight.  If a doctor finds something concerning, you have the ability to chose to have follow up treatment or not.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM
    Dd and ds are2 and 3, they only have checkups once a year, they've never been sick besides the sniffles, we only go when absolutely necessary.
  • paganmommy4
    March 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Those visits are for WELL CHILD so his doctor can make for an accurate record when he is older. When he becomes an adult, the new doctor can check his medical records and sparing him loads of unnecessary tests just because mommy refused her child medical care.. WAY TO GO..

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I don't mind if the doc just does an exam. But every time I go in there they want to do some other shot or medication. Why can't they just leave his body be?

Quoting Anonymous:

I understand your view and don't necessarily disagree with it.  But, if your son goes to school or participates in any kind of sport, camp, club events, they will need to have that check up.  Even if you say that he won't, if the need arrises at a later date, it is much more difficult to get a child in for a check up when they have not been a consistent patient.  To me, well child check up don't hurt.  Basically a check of sight, hearing, heart, height and weight.  If a doctor finds something concerning, you have the ability to chose to have follow up treatment or not.

• paganmommy4
    March 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM

BTW, If there was ever CPS involvement they can and do remove children for Refusal of Medical Treatment that includes well child check-ups

• themissheather
    March 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    I agree with you. I hate taking my 11mo old. Doc sees us for about 30 seconds since we don't vax. Hardly a time to get to know each other. I don't see the point. I don't need a lady to go through a few motions to tell me my kid is healthy.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN