Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Makhismommy
Over Weight Baby
March 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Just to give you a little background - I gave birth to my son who was 9lbs 12 oz at birth. I will admit I gave him cereal in his bottles a little earlier to help him sleep at night. Now he is almost 6 months and we have started doing foods (fruits and veggies). My friend gave birth to her daughter whom was around 7 lbs. Both myself and friend are on the heavier side as it runs in our family- ( I'm working n losing mine btw) but my friend refuses to feed her daughter infant foods and cereals because she is afraid that her being a chubby baby will make her a chubby and over weight adult. I think that if you teach a healthy lifestyle then you wont have to worry about your child turning into an over weight adult. PLEASE ADD YOUR OPINION -CAUSE I THINK HER REASONING IS DUMB

Replies

• damionsmama7195
    March 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM

yes that is DUMB

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM

The reason she is opting not to isn't the best reason, but infant foods and cereals really are not neccessary. Cereal is definitely not something infants need, and many PED's will tell you not to feed your baby cereal at all.

• AlwaysKISA
    March 6, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    This. I wouldn't give a baby that young anything except for breastmilk.
    Buuuttt.....yes, her reasoning is pretty dumb!

Quoting Anonymous:

The reason she is opting not to isn't the best reason, but infant foods and cereals really are not neccessary. Cereal is definitely not something infants need, and many PED's will tell you not to feed your baby cereal at all.

• Mrs.Pedro
    March 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM

You are right. There's no way to know if a baby will be chubby or overweight as an adult just because they are as a baby. With that reasoning I should be small and skinny, because I was a skinny little baby.

• Cmgmqmmom
    March 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    This. Baby foods and cereal are not necessary.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Makhismommy
    March 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM

My baby is 6 months now- and he is perfectly fine with eating . My Ped said it was ok

• nbgg8687
    March 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM

My son was a large baby and he is not over weight by any means right now. He is bigger then most kids his age, but mostly because he is so tall

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Eating baby foods is okay at six months, but not necessary. Babies only need breastmilk or formula for the first year. Baby food is just practice, and that's perfectly okay.

Her reasoning is dumb. I was a huge, chubby baby and stayed chubby until I was almost four. Everyone said I looked like a small Michelin Man. Now I'm 5'10 and weigh 130 pounds and wear a size four.

My one year old daughter was 7 pounds, 1 ounce at birth. Then she got crazy chubby for awhile. Now she is right at average.

Size as an infant is not indicative of size as an adult, in most cases.

• Makhismommy
    March 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Quoting nbgg8687:

My son was a large baby and he is not over weight by any means right now. He is bigger then most kids his age, but mostly because he is so tall

yea my son was 21.75 inches long at birth and now he is 27 inches @ 6 months

• LovelyMommy24
    March 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    How old is her baby?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts