Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
hope4rockell
has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?
March 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

if this saved even one life, would you share this video?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 47% - Yes
  2. 44% - No
  3. 8% - I just did

Replies

• enlightened_24
    April 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yup. Lack of sleep and lots of noise and poop?!! Hells yea. Thats when the smart side kicks in, I put her in her crib and go sit on the back porch. I would take the monitor with me and every few minutes turn it on long enough to know she was ok...It gave me enough of a break to calm down and usually the crying would stop. I would feel terrible, but I had to tell myself she was safe and its not ok to be that frustrated so I took a time out.

• bellaamore
    April 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Well, i answered the question in the title.

Why ask a completely different question? 

And no i wint share that video. I dont know anyone dumb enough to think shaking their baby is a good idea.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM

See that's the thing though - there is NO common sense behind it.  Just a bunch of moronic, stupid conspiracy theorists spouting nonsense and BS.  

Quoting buttersworth:

wow not a single person on here considered this idea to be a possibility for at least some of the cases.

vaccines have mercury and formaldehyde, to name two toxic substances that get injected into the veins. there is the distinct possibility that those could cause symptoms of toxicity. it's an interesting idea to wonder if vaccine damage and shaken baby damage have any similarities. if there were any correlation found, the greater good could be served in knowing what's really going on.

I didn't state it as fact or even say I agree with it. I said that it is an interesting argument that has some common sense behind it.

Quoting Anonymous:

And the idiots come out.  Sheesh... 

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

• AshlynnJadesMom
    April 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    My DD had such severe reflux and protein allergies that all she did was cry and scream. I got to the point where I thought I was literally going insane. Sometimes I would cry with her. I knew that I had to walk away because ONE mistake could ruin both of our lives forever. Sometimes I would put her in her crib or swing and walk away or outside. I would have to take a step back tell myself she can't help it and that this was only temporary thing.
  • buttersworth
    April 5, 2013 at 12:58 PM

what does toxicity have to do with conspiracy theorists? it's a proven fact that if you ingest certain elements you'll get sick. you wouldn't open up a mercury thermometer and eat the mercury would you? one of the reasons cited as to why cigarrettes are harmful is because the tobacco is laced with formaldehyde, everyone knows that...so it's not ok to smoke cigarrettes that has noxious chemicals in it, but it's okay to ingest that stuff otherwise?

Quoting Anonymous:

See that's the thing though - there is NO common sense behind it.  Just a bunch of moronic, stupid conspiracy theorists spouting nonsense and BS.  

Quoting buttersworth:

wow not a single person on here considered this idea to be a possibility for at least some of the cases.

vaccines have mercury and formaldehyde, to name two toxic substances that get injected into the veins. there is the distinct possibility that those could cause symptoms of toxicity. it's an interesting idea to wonder if vaccine damage and shaken baby damage have any similarities. if there were any correlation found, the greater good could be served in knowing what's really going on.

I didn't state it as fact or even say I agree with it. I said that it is an interesting argument that has some common sense behind it.

Quoting Anonymous:

And the idiots come out.  Sheesh... 

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Because no one ever opened up a thermometer and put it in a vaccine.  It's stupid shyt like that which is the cause of MOST of the worlds troubles.  And to equate dangerous chemical ingestion with shaken baby syndrome is not only irresponsible, it's dangerous.  Idiots abound. Jeez... 

Quoting buttersworth:

what does toxicity have to do with conspiracy theorists? it's a proven fact that if you ingest certain elements you'll get sick. you wouldn't open up a mercury thermometer and eat the mercury would you? one of the reasons cited as to why cigarrettes are harmful is because the tobacco is laced with formaldehyde, everyone knows that...so it's not ok to smoke cigarrettes that has noxious chemicals in it, but it's okay to ingest that stuff otherwise?

• buttersworth
    April 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM

irresponsible and dangerous are characterizations i take exception to, particularly when this is a discussion forum.

Let me ask you this: have you ever been pregnant and instructed not to eat more than one serving of tunafish in a day? if so, do you know why a pregnant woman is not supposed to eat too much tuna?

oh, wait, never mind...me feels this conversation will lack any logic and go around in a name-calling conundrum...

Quoting Anonymous:

Because no one ever opened up a thermometer and put it in a vaccine.  It's stupid shyt like that which is the cause of MOST of the worlds troubles.  And to equate dangerous chemical ingestion with shaken baby syndrome is not only irresponsible, it's dangerous.  Idiots abound. Jeez... 

Quoting buttersworth:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    I can't watch the video. Honestly, it happened once. I don't know what happened, I just lost it. It wasn't that hard, but I've hated muself everyday for what could have happened. He was the best thing in my life and the perfect baby. He wouldn't stop crying, I'm sure I was drained because it was so out of character. He just turned 17 Sunday. I've becer told anyone, even anonymously.
  • preplovesyou
    April 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    Never. The thought of doing that has never crossed my mind. When she was younger, I did think about just walking out of them room a lot. A few times I actually did, give myself a breather before going back in.
  • Kortlynia
    April 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM

No, I can say that even when I was completely fed up with their crying it still didn't make sense to shake them... That would be like trying to get a stain out with red wine. It would just make it worse.  I don't understand people who really think it's going to do anything positive. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts