Mom Confessions

hope4rockell
has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?
March 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

if this saved even one life, would you share this video?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 47% - Yes
  2. 44% - No
  3. 8% - I just did

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM

:*( omg.. so hard to watch!! I understand how parents can get to that point, but I cannot imagine doing it to my baby!!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    I was sleep deprived for a month straight on top of PPD. But I KNEW enough to call my grandmother or my aunt when my DF was at work & I just couldn't take anymore. I'm so thankful I had enough in me to step out on our porch & make a phone call asking for help.
  • brandydesiree
    March 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
    Do you gave any links for this? If like to read about it. Sounds very interesting.

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

• Diamepphyre
    March 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM

If you have done everything you can for them, and there is nothing medically wrong to cause the screaming, then sometimes all you can do is let them cry, step away for a few minutes, collect yourself and then try again.  We had three who were all close in age, and sometimes they all three would get going at once.  It can be maddening, but they're the babies and we're supposed to be the adults and they depend on us to be there for them. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 4, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    I can admit that I wanted too. He would be a perfect angel for everybody else but when it was just him and I he would scream his little head off. I beat the hell out of stuffed animals put him in his crib and stepped outside smoked 3 cigarettes and went back in to the madness. He still has a problem when its just us but its slowly getting better.
  • buttersworth

No but if you google it i'm sure you'll find something. you're best bet is alternative media. maybe try looking it up on Natural News.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Do you gave any links for this? If like to read about it. Sounds very interesting.

Quoting buttersworth:

there has been speculation that a lot of this shaken baby syndrome isn't from people shaking the babies but from the infants getting certain immunizations that have an adverse reaction and make the brain look the same as if shaken

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    No, I have never shaken either if my kids. I have however yelled at dd to shut the f up when she was a couple of weeks old. I felt horrible afterwards and picked her up and told her how sorry I was.
  • Mazi184
    by Mazi184
    March 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM

oh man, I'm bawling over here. Did anyone check out her website "hopeforrockell" omgsh what a beautiful, strong, little girl. She's in my prayers tonight. 

• teal_phoenix
    March 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I have bipolar and dealt with ppd. When I felt so overwhelmed, I would find a place and hit something, throw something down...let a little steam off if I was that upset. I never heart my baby-ever. This is so sad.

• msalice_21
    March 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM

This!!! Ill never forget that first month. I bawled walking and pacing all night. Up and down the stairs and around the living room. My son was just so unhappy and i did everything i could to keep my cool. I understand the feeling but i never caved. Putting them down and walking away was the best thing that helped me. Even if it was for a couple minutes, being outside, cry and gather yourself.

Quoting BeAmour:

I've wanted to but the maternal side and my medical knowledge stopped me. There was one night that I had gotten so frustrated bc DS was crying all day, all night. I hadn't slept in about 2 days, I finally got him to calm down and sleep. My head was pounding, I was exhausted. As it always would happen, the minute I laid my head on the pillow and got comfortable, DS started screaming again. I could have shook him but I hit the wall instead.

I always told myself when I got to that point, it wasn't his fault so don't take it out on him. I never did. No matter how frazzled I was, after I hit the wall or said some profanities before going into his room, I always calmed down and went in with my soothing mommy voice and most of the time, a smiling face.

There was a couple times where I had to put DS in his crib and go outside and just sit for a bit. We lived in an apartment and the steps I sat on was outside his room so I could hear him but it didn't effect me like it did when I was inside. I calmed down, called my mom and went back in.

I do understand how it can happen though. :( it's tragic.

Mom Confessions