Mom Confessions

hope4rockell
has your baby ever cried so much you wanted to shake it so it would stop?
March 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM

if this saved even one life, would you share this video?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 47% - Yes
  2. 44% - No
  3. 8% - I just did

Replies

• amberlyp
    March 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM
    I'm mobile and trying to figure out how to share this video! I can't find it on YouTube anywhere
  • Emeraldmama7
    March 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

After reading the replies, I don't think I will watch that video.  I cry when I see that lady who does baby yoga, flinging those poor babies around.  My mom teaches special needs and one of her students was a shaken baby syndrome survivor.  He died just last at 17 month from minor complications. =(

My second child had colic and there were times that I just cried with her or had to walk away and scream into a pillow.  I lost two jobs because my ex called me at work saying I needed to get home now because he couldn't handle her...and I'd hear my baby crying in the background.

After 7 kids I have gained even more patience and I just count my blessings that I'm even able to have my children because there are many women out there who would do anything to have a crying baby if it meant they had a baby to call their own. 

• mom2theA-team
    March 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Yes, my first. Well, I knew I would not shake her but I put her in her crib and sat in the garage for an HOUR, yes an hour... to collect my thoughts. I went back in relaxed and she finally fell asleep after nine hours of crying. 

• Sassy762
    March 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM

• Mazie0723
    March 4, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    No. And I've had some fussy babies. I just set them down and walk away.
  • Nickie76
    March 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    I have 7 kids raised 4 alone for 8 years. I now also have a 2 yr. Old and 5 mo.old twins and I have never had an urge to shake a baby. So sad...
  • bleumonster
    I have gotten frustrated enough that I understood the impulse but have never even been slightly tempted. That video made me sick and angry.
  • lovemyhoney19
    I don't want to watch the video but I am curious to know what it's about. Is that guy shaking a baby on camera? :(
  • Allisonc7910
    Never but I had a pretty happy baby. I could never if she was a cryer though.
  • mariesmama
    no thats when i broke out the tylenol at 4 monthes my daughter got her first double ear infection she screamed for 3 days straight

Mom Confessions