Mom Confessions

Crazy-Steph
I know it's wrong, but I'm kinda proud
March 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Apparently there was this kid trash talking my son at school.  My son is 17; he is a Junior.

Well, Tristan (my son) had enough.  The kids decided to meet up and "duke it out."

By the time the fight was stopped, and the kids were hauled into the principal's office, the Principal thought this was going to go down as an assault on my son.  Pretty much, my kid beat the other kid's ass.

After watching school video, it is classified as a fight.  Both kids met up in a area of the school they weren't supposed to be in.  And they both fought.  But kid took the upper hand.

They are both suspended for 3 days.  And while I will never tell my son this, I'm kinda proud that he kicked ass and didn't get his ass kicked.

Horrible, right?  

Replies

• kissesxoxo8882
    March 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I would be too

• s.osborne

There are so many sides and angles to this, but I would be pround my son didn't get his ass kicked, but I would be SO angry at him for starting a fight or even agreeing to meet up for a fight ESPECIALLY on school grounds. If another kid jumps mine, or swings first, he can hit back. Other than that, I wouldn't condone violence.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    Um huh? Most kids graduate at 18-19.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, you are horribly immature.  fighting isn't the way to solve a problem, and now you've missed an opportunity to teach your son that.  Why is he so delayed too?  my children were a junior in HS at 15, graduated at 16.  Maybe if he didn't spend his time in trouble....

• Crazy-Steph
    March 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM

1. Where did it say we aren't using this opportunity to teach our kid?  I would never tell HIM that I am proud he kicked ass.

2. Delayed?  Really?  His birthday is August 30, the cut-off to start school is September 1st.  He didn't start school until he was 6.  He's not delayed, at all.  He'll be 18 when he graduates.

3. How does one fight constitute spending his time in trouble?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Crazy-Steph
    March 4, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Trust me, we are very angry.  And he is in a lot of trouble at home.  I'm not proud that he got in the fight, just proud that since he did, he took care of business.  And I have not, and will not, tell him that.  :)  Violence is not condoned in our house either.

Quoting s.osborne:

There are so many sides and angles to this, but I would be pround my son didn't get his ass kicked, but I would be SO angry at him for starting a fight or even agreeing to meet up for a fight ESPECIALLY on school grounds. If another kid jumps mine, or swings first, he can hit back. Other than that, I wouldn't condone violence.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    He was probably getting his ass kicked because his name is Tristan. Horrible.
  • UxorQuodMatris.
    What a lame attempt to insult her kid. Graduating at 16 is not standard.

Quoting Anonymous:

• marihla
    by marihla

Lol. Just glad he's okay. 

• jas_momof2

I agree with the first part of your statement, but not the second...  Different school districts have restrictions on when the child starts kinder...  My son has a late year birthday and wasn't allowed to start kinder till he was almost 7.  He'll be 18 when he graduates...

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions