Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I have a hard time respecting women who.....
by Anonymous
March 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Don't have custody of their children.

If I hear about a woman who doesn't have custody of her children, I always wonder why? There is nothing in this world that could make me give up my children, nor would I ever allow myself to be in a position to lose them. You are their mother, you are supposed to be the most stable part of their life (you, and their father). I am not talking about shared custody with a father. I completely understand and greatly respect that. I am talking about the mothers whose child lives with their parents, or lives with the father full time, etc. Those kinds of situations just don't make sense to me.

I'm sure there are going to be people who have a fit and tell me that I don't know these people's situations. And they will be right, I don't. But I cannot picture a situation that for me it would be acceptable to give up my children. To me, a mother always finds a way.

Replies

• fairyjester
    March 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    I agree
  • christina0607
    March 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Same here. 

• MrsDavidB25
    March 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I allowed my oldest ds this year to live with his father full time. He is trying to get into Princeton next year so it was best he establish residency in NJ before applying. Is that reason good enough for you,or no?

• pinkfairy0206
    March 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    I agree! And wonder the same thing. Some woman should not b mothers
  • WifeyC
    by WifeyC
    March 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

BM's kids were taken from her.  She was able to keep her younger 2 because her and her DH decided to stay married.  DH has custody of SS's.  She sees 1 EOWE and 1 day a week.  The oldest one she might see an hour a week, sometimes not at all.  If she sees him it is solely based on her DH.

I have no respect for her.

• pinkfairy0206
    March 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    That's a differnt situation though! Obviously he's older! About to go to collage!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

I allowed my oldest ds this year to live with his father full time. He is trying to get into Princeton next year so it was best he establish residency in NJ before applying. Is that reason good enough for you,or no?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    You can't picture that maybe that mother is unstable? Maybe she's on drugs, or was, and is trying to get clean and sober? My ex's SIL was in that situation. She had to give up her daughter for the girl's sake. Her mother took charge while she fixed herself. She says she regrets her past, but 18 years later, her and her daughter are closer than ever.
  • morisa32
    March 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    I agree
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    March 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    I agree. However there are times ive seen a mother give up her rights because she knows she isnt able....to me that should be respected too
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM

No, I do not understand how you could let yourself get unstable like that.

I have kids, so I won't start doing drugs. It's as simple as that.

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't picture that maybe that mother is unstable? Maybe she's on drugs, or was, and is trying to get clean and sober? My ex's SIL was in that situation. She had to give up her daughter for the girl's sake. Her mother took charge while she fixed herself. She says she regrets her past, but 18 years later, her and her daughter are closer than ever.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts