Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
church is "forcing" me to an abortion
by Anonymous
March 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

My fiance and I are getting married in August at his parents church. His family is paying for 50% of the wedding and my family is paying for 50%. We've been planning for over a year and lots of money and deposits are already paid.

Now we found out (on Friday) that I am pregnant. We were not trying, but were obviously too casual about preventing. The church has a policy that you cannot get married there if you are pregnant or have a kid.

We are both young (22 and 23) and don't really feel ready for a child, but we also sort-of want to keep the baby, but his family would pull all their support and the church would not let us get married there, so we have an appointment next week for an abortion (my 2nd...I had one from a high school relationship).

It just seems strange to me that as we listed the pro's and cons of the situation we were evenly split on keeping it or abortion and the fact that the church won't let us get married was the tipping point.

We can't get married if we have a kid or are pregnant but if we have an abortion then we can get married.

Replies

• Pink.Sunshine
    March 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Are you seriously ending your child's life that you want, over a church? I'd find another church!

• sandra_t00
    March 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    That is fucked up. Are you sure an abortion is what you want? Just so you can have a nice wedding?
  • alf2651
    by alf2651
    March 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I would find another church. That's absolutely ridiculous. 

• goodmama85

o.O wow that just doesn't seem right at all.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    This must be one hell of a church if you would abort your baby just to have a wedding there.
  • Aslen
    by Aslen

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Are you seriously ending your child's life that you want, over a church? I'd find another church!

Not even over a church.... OVER A WEDDING
  • sandra_t00
    It's your choice and all, I won't judge you, but is that REALLY what you and your fiancée want?
  • notjstasocermom
    March 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

• damionsmama7195

some church. 

• Pink.Sunshine

right? I would put my baby above any wedding. Nearest justice of the peace or a new wedding venue.

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Not even over a church.... OVER A WEDDING

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts