Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LilliansMama27
Something you swore you'd never do/say before having kids...
March 3, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I swore I would never co-sleep because I read how dangerous it is, but with breastfeeding it is so much easier to get sleep. I do put her in her bassinet for a good amount of time and I prefer to have her there, but if I'm exhausted co-sleeping is just what ends up happening, unplanned! Lol.

What is something you swore you would never do/say before becoming a parent?

Replies

• LilliansMama27
    March 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

My husbands cousin homeschools her kids and before she told me what it was like I was totally against it. I'm still not sure I will do it, but I'm more open to the thought of homeschooling my daughter :) Plus, I have plenty of time before I have to decide 

Quoting jen2150:

Homeschooling.  It is completely different than I thought it would be like.  It is completely different than what most people think it is like.

I tried co-sleeping but it was not for me.  I am a very deep sleeper.  

• LilliansMama27
    March 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Oh no! I hated that too! Lol. I can already hear myself saying things my mom says *sigh* the cycle continues...:)

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I repeated my mothers favorite answer to Why ? Because I said so !! I hate that. I grew up hearing it. Said I would never do it and I did.

• LilliansMama27
    March 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Lmao!!!!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I swore when my kids wanted to play a game, I'd play it. My parents always hated board games so I always swore when *I* had kids, we'd play all the time. Yeah...Clue can only be played so many times before you want to stab yourself in the eye with the lead pipe!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I never thought I'd give my daughter the same "Mother's curse" that my mother gave me...

i hope you have a daughter just like you someday.  :)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts