Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
May be a stupid question but.....
by Anonymous
March 2, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I need my social security card and id by Monday. Both were in a wallet that got stolen. If I go apply for them today when will I get them? Will I get some type of letter until they can mail me my new stuff?

Replies

• lovinglife0682
    March 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    I don't believe so.
  • skittlefart
    March 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM

i think you get a paper copy that day and the real ones will come in the mail later. 

• banana-bear
    March 2, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    Not by Monday, that's for sure. If you go to the SS office and apply for a new card, they will give you a piece of paper stating that you applied for one and will be receiving it shortly. You need an ID to get it, though, so get that taken care of first.
  • KairisMama
    March 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    An ID you can get from the DMV today. An ss card is a wait.
  • Sassy762
    March 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM

You can get a letter from SS saying that you have applied for a replacement and you will get a paper replacement for your DL also

• .Milfshake.
    March 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

nope they usually mail it, your id will take forever

• PhoenixsMommy10
    March 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    See where I live it's the other way.

I can get a SS card with a birth certificate, but have to have the SS card to get an id.

Quoting banana-bear:

Not by Monday, that's for sure. If you go to the SS office and apply for a new card, they will give you a piece of paper stating that you applied for one and will be receiving it shortly. You need an ID to get it, though, so get that taken care of first.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Yeah I think that's how it is here too. I remember needing my ss for my drivers license.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

I can get a SS card with a birth certificate, but have to have the SS card to get an id.

Quoting banana-bear:

• banana-bear
    March 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    An initial ID or replacement ID? Here they just require two forms of ID; marriage and birth certificates can be used.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Quoting banana-bear:

• PhoenixsMommy10
    March 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    Yeah even for the replacement, because my dh and his sister had that issue (their dad took their SS cards, and they couldn't get replacement ids until they had SS cards).

It's so strange how policy for things like that is so different all over the country. It makes things so complicated.

Quoting banana-bear:

An initial ID or replacement ID? Here they just require two forms of ID; marriage and birth certificates can be used.

Quoting PhoenixsMommy10:

Quoting banana-bear:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts