Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I hate tourists and snow birds
by Anonymous
February 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I live in a beach area of Florida. I hate from November to April and June to October. Snow birds drive slower than poop. My child had violin lessons today across town, and a snow bird was going 25 mph in a 45 mph zone.

The tourists are worse. When you come visit an area, people here are not here as a service to you.

Replies

• ChloeDolce1
    February 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM

So annoying! Tourists in NYC are the worssstttttt!  They just stop in the middle of the sidewalk and point at buildings! Get out of the wayyyyy people are trying to walk and actually have somewhere to be.  Most people in the city are not taking a stroll for the hell of it so if your going to stop and point because you see a building (little secret if you keep walking you'll seem more!) then kindly stay to the far right or you'll be sidewalk roadkill.  I can not feel bad for you id i ram my stroller in to your legs because you saw a Tiffany's sign and got all fired up.  Beyond the sign there is an actualy store....go in if you want to see it because the sign is just a sign so stop taking your picture in front of it and move along.  And also do not stop people on the street as a crosswalk in Tribeca and ask where Jay Z and Beyonce live.....i do not know and I don't care. Tourists please just stay in Time Square please and thank you.

• Kmary
    by Kmary
    February 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM

If I were you, I'd be nervous to see what would happen to my area if all the tourists and snowbirds stopped coming...

We make choices (like living permanently in a very touristy area, for example) and then we have to live with those choices. 

• AF2011
    by AF2011
    February 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I HATE snow birds! They don't know how to drive! A few almost hit me!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 28, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    It WAS NOT MY choice to live here. When you are military w/ special needs, the choice is made for you. We could live here, DC, or Omaha. I would have rather lived in Omaha, but Uncle Sam picked here!

Quoting Kmary:

If I were you, I'd be nervous to see what would happen to my area if all the tourists and snowbirds stopped coming...

We make choices (like living permanently in a very touristy area, for example) and then we have to live with those choices. 

• SRUsarahSC
    February 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I live in Coastal SC, and I love the snow birds and the tourists, they keep my property taxes ridiculously low!

• Katelynmomof2.
    February 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    Just one of the reasons why I can't wait to leave this crappy state.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts