Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
S/O. A pregnant woman can't ask her husband to move furniture for her?!?!
by Anonymous
February 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Seriously?
What is with this "if he works and you don't he doesn't have to do shit"
What is this all about? I just don't get it.
What. A. Load.
Why is money the only deciding factor. This is a family. Not a business. He is not the boss. He is not in charge. I am not the boss. I am not in charge. Why is he so much more important because he makes money.
His most important investment is his children. It is in his best interest to take care of the person who takes care of his investments.

*i am not "her"*

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=115189&topic_id=18145312&next=1#post-replies

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

i think she just goes about it wrong.

my husband works more hours than hers and i know how beat ass tired he is when he gets home. So if I know there is something I am going to need him to do, i give him as much notice as possible that way he knows it has to be done but it doesnt need to be done right this second. some days he is more tired than others. I know as sahm's we work hard and our hours never end but we need to be sympathetic to our husbands feelings as well, ya know?!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    my DH busts his ass, sometimes 16hrs a day. if there is something i physically cant do, that man does it.

i dont ever bitch about anything he doesnt do, because HE does a lot for our family.
  • LovelyMommy24
    February 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Well, she never responded to my comment. I understand her frustration and he should be helping her, but she needs to sit down and talk to him. Leaving him a VM saying not to come home isn't going to solve the problem. 

• Luna091306
    February 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I am assuming this is a spinoff. I didn't see the first post but I don't care if my dh works or not, he helps me whenever I ask. He has a desk job, it's not like he is slaving away all day. He could use some physical activity so yes I ask him to take out the trash and carry down laundry at times. When we move, he will have to do the heavy lifting because I will be 7 months pregnant by then. He's not complaining.

• jenmomx3
    February 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM

She can most definitely ask.  But she shouldn't tell him not to come home if he doesn't do it by the time that she feels he should.  Also, if you know your hubby has worked hard for 12 hours, and during those same 12 hours, you have other people that you can ask to help you, why wouldn't you just go ahead and get it done?? I felt like that was over the top and extra that she told him that he couldn't come home. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    I agree. How bad does it have to be before you say "don't come home". It would have to be pretty bad.
    But I don't have four kids and I am not pregnant. Lmao! So ya never know.

Quoting jenmomx3:

She can most definitely ask.  But she shouldn't tell him not to come home if he doesn't do it by the time that she feels he should.  Also, if you know your hubby has worked hard for 12 hours, and during those same 12 hours, you have other people that you can ask to help you, why wouldn't you just go ahead and get it done?? I felt like that was over the top and extra that she told him that he couldn't come home. 

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    February 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    Not if they are ordering him to do it.
    Which i think is why most men dont want to do anything.

Move that
    I told you to move it
    How many times do I have to tell you..
    I do everything around here and you cant move a piece of furniture?
    Im pregnant
    The Dr said...
    You dont do anything at work
    Your job is easy
    Im breaking my ass here while you're sitting at work
    Im taking care of the kids

I think there is a whole lot more behind that story if she thinks her hubs isnt breaking his ass all those hrs hes working to support her ass and all those kids
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    That makes sense.

Quoting SnapIt:

Not if they are ordering him to do it.

Which i think is why most men dont want to do anything.

Move that

I told you to move it

How many times do I have to tell you..

I do everything around here and you cant move a piece of furniture?

Im pregnant

The Dr said...

You dont do anything at work

Your job is easy

Im breaking my ass here while you're sitting at work

Im taking care of the kids

I think there is a whole lot more behind that story if she thinks her hubs isnt breaking his ass all those hrs hes working to support her ass and all those kids
  • mich.el.le
    February 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Of course you can ask him to help move furniture. But you're also pregnant, not disabled. Unless you're high risk you can move it too.

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    February 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Ha! Since when is sitting on his ass busting ass?

Quoting Anonymous:

my DH busts his ass, sometimes 16hrs a day. if there is something i physically cant do, that man does it.

i dont ever bitch about anything he doesnt do, because HE does a lot for our family.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts