Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
transgendered child using female restroom, even though he has male genitalia?
by Anonymous
February 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/us/colorado-transgender-girl-school/index.html?fb_action_ids=3828885379370&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%223828885379370%22%3A145734982258074%7D&action_type_map=%7B%223828885379370%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=[]

This elementary school-aged child, who was born a boy but identifies as female, has dressed as female for quite a while, has been banned from using the female restrooms at school.  The school has offered to let the child use the gender neutral teachers' restrooms, or the nurse's restroom.

I'm just wondering what you think about this.  We don't have this issue at school, so I'm curious.  Would you be okay with a child that identifies as female, but has male genitalia, using the same restroom as your daughter?  Or vice versa?  Or is it more important to focus on, this child is female on the inside, so is it wrong for him/her (I'm not clear on terminology, I'm sorry) to use the male restroom?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM

The things our kids have to go through nowadays. I'm so sick of this shit....

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I agree with the school.

• megandwade
    February 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I agree with the child having to use the gender neutral teacher or nurses restroom.

• missymackie
    February 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    I don't see why they wouldn't let her use the female restroom
  • EvaTheDiva29
    February 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

i agree. this world is such bullshit. i fear for my children as they get older. 

why do people care? i highly doubt if you ask the other kids if they care, majority would say no. 

i shouldve been born in the 40's or 50's bc this stuff today is just ridiculous. half the crap makes my mouth drop. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The things our kids have to go through nowadays. I'm so sick of this shit....

• michiganmom5150
    February 27, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Girls use stalls, so what 's the big deal?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Because HE has a penis which makes HIM a boy!

Quoting missymackie:

• Tatertot78
    February 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    Poor kid. I don't see an issue with him using the girls restroom. I imagine it won't be long until he starts getting bullied and beat up in the boys room. :-(
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Because she has boy parts. Im sorry, but if i had a little girl, i would not want her exposed to that. I think the gender neutral bathroom will be just fine if shes against using the boys.

Quoting missymackie:

• Kitschy
    by Kitschy
    February 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    I would be very upset if they didn't allow her to use the girls bathroom. Poor kid.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts