Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My pediatrician keeps kissing my baby...**ETA** ***ETA #2***
by Anonymous
February 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I have a newborn, I took her to the dr at 4 days old for her first weight check then just again at 11 days old for another weight check. When he picks her up after exam he kisses her, twice the first time and once the second.

How would you feel about this?

ETA: To answer some repeated questions

He is american male high 30's low 40's. I'm not saying I think he is a pervert, I was just shocked! I just wanted opinions and to see how other moms would feel or react!

ETA #2

Ok, so the kisses were on the back of her head and her forehead. He is my son dr as well but only for the last year so ive met him 3 other times. He is not a family friend or anything. He has never been inapproiate with my son or anything like that or i obviously wouldnt have taken my daughter to him.

I feel that it was unprofessional and pretty inapproiate considering he is a dr and he of all peoople should know how dangerous germs are to a 4 day old baby.I do not feel this way only because he is a man, a dr is a dr to me

To the women calling me a liar, read the replies, so many women said their drs do this so get the hell out of my post

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    Bump
  • LovelyMommy24
    February 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    Kisses her on the lips or the forehead? Either way he's not suppose to do that.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    I wouldn't care if my sons pedi did that. She does it all the time but she's my grandmas best friend and has been for most of my life. I would probably be weirded out if it was some random doctor.
  • Threeboysemt1
    No.............
  • divinedimension

Where does he kiss her?

• KelliansMom
    February 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

My sons Doctor does this with all newborns i didnt mind it at all he does stop once they get older though 

• jdy9440
    by jdy9440
    February 26, 2013 at 9:56 AM

BUMP!

• MrsBridges19
    February 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I don't even trust male pediatricians anyway.  Just like I don't go to a male ob/gyn.

• LadyF86
    by LadyF86
    February 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM

That is weird. I do not think I would be comfortable with that. Maybe he does it to make you feel comfortable, like he cares for your baby. But with a newborn that is not cool.

• Roxygurl
    February 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    A little odd but I don't see the problem. He just likes kissing babies I guess.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts