Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
mattiehatter
Iphone 4 questions
February 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Update: After much deliberation I chose to go with the Motorola Razr M. I am going through best buy instead of Verizon because BBY has the Razr M for FREE!! I'm bumping this so that maybe someone else sees that the company doesn't always have the best deals. The Maxx is $50 for anyone interested.

Oh and this decision was also made after I dropped my phone yesterday at work and shattered the screen. Iphones seem to be so much more delicate and this is the first time I've dealt with a shattered screen with either of my droids (the droid 2 was thrown and it didn't shatter, but it also quit working completely lol). I was pretty shocked to pick up my phone after the drop to find a shattered screen, but oh well.

My phone upgrade status has come through. The Iphone 4 is on the free list for my provider. I have an android presently (Droid X and I really like it, but it's 2+ years old and having a couple issues).

If you went from Droid to Iphone is getting used to a new operating system a pain?

Do you like it better?

Should I just wait to see if one of the other Droid phones go to the free list soon and just deal with what I have for now?

ETA: My sister has the Iphone 3. I'm going to play with her phone on Saturday and maybe go from there. The other phone I'm considering is the Razr M which is only $50, but free is better lol.

Replies

• your_angel
    February 26, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

• nikabear
    February 26, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    My evo died and we got iPhones.... I mean it's a great phone but I miss my android! It does a lot more than my evo though.....I have had it about a month now
  • mattiehatter
    February 26, 2013 at 3:47 AM

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

I personally am in love with apple so I'm biased and do think the Iphone is better than any android device on the market right now.

However, I did used to be an android user so when you get your first Iphone you'll be confused for a little while about how to set things up, but its user friendly to me anyways and I honestly think you'll like it.

• Fields456
    February 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM
    I'm an apple lover I currently have the 4s. Just make sure U but apple care And the otterbox defender or a life proof case especially if u are rough on phones like I am I shattered my screen last night ( didn't have either if those cases on it and didn't buy apple care for it. Yet I have it on every other apple product I own, ya I know dumb move on my part). So tomorrow and $75 bucks later ) I will have it fixed
  • mattiehatter
    February 26, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I haven't heard great things about Evos. I had a Droid 2 and it was horrible after a year, but I had issues with it from the get go. The X is second hand and just now giving me issues.

Quoting nikabear:

My evo died and we got iPhones.... I mean it's a great phone but I miss my android! It does a lot more than my evo though.....I have had it about a month now

• Fields456
    February 26, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    It won't until sept unless apple decides to release the 5s sooner

Quoting mattiehatter:

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda want to see if the 4s hits the free list soon. I wanna talk to Siri.

Quoting your_angel:

• mattiehatter
    February 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I'm not rough on phones which is one of the reasons I'm considering it, but the fact that the screen is glass makes me a bit leery. How much is Apple care?

Quoting Fields456:

I'm an apple lover I currently have the 4s. Just make sure U but apple care And the otterbox defender or a life proof case especially if u are rough on phones like I am I shattered my screen last night ( didn't have either if those cases on it and didn't buy apple care for it. Yet I have it on every other apple product I own, ya I know dumb move on my part). So tomorrow and $75 bucks later ) I will have it fixed

• mattiehatter
    February 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Boooo I wanna talk to Siri!

Quoting Fields456:

It won't until sept unless apple decides to release the 5s sooner

Quoting mattiehatter:

Quoting your_angel:

• Keara20
    by Keara20
    I like it a lot better and wish I would have went for an iPhone in the first place.
  • nikabear
    We got the iPhone 4s. We also did the update as well and it's cool I guess. I had my evo for about two years and never had any major problems.....

Quoting mattiehatter:

I haven't heard great things about Evos. I had a Droid 2 and it was horrible after a year, but I had issues with it from the get go. The X is second hand and just now giving me issues.

Quoting nikabear:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN