Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My teenager made a BURN BOOK, wwyd?
by Anonymous
February 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Okay so for Christmas I bought my daughter a little scrap book/photo album type book. I was in her room looking to see if she had any glasses up there and I found the book. It looked like she used it so I thought I'd flip through to see the creative stuff she'd come up with. I was so shocked with what I saw!

The first page read "BURN BOOK" yes, like in the Mean Girls movie. There were pictures of her school mates through out the book with mean words written per page. Things like "Skank, talks like a man, Ashley wannabe, troll face" and much more. My daughter is so sweet or so I thought. She is involved in school and everyone always talks about what a smiley and nice girl she is. I'm guessing her 2 best friends made this book with her because it didn't all look like her writing and those 2 weren't in it but that doesn't make it okay.

What would you do in this situation? Do I just chalk it up as teenage girl crap or punish her for it? I work at her school sometimes(subsitute teacher) and she doesn't seem to have a problem with anyone. I've seen her talk to these girls that are in the book. I know some of them. They aren't her close friends but they talk and hang out sometimes. 

Replies

• Liz_Rocket
    February 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM
    You need to talk to her about. People are getting crazy and going overboard with punishing bullies. A girl in my DD's high school went to jail for taking a picture of a big girl at her school and texting it to her friends with disparaging remarks. I can't remember what the charges were, but she went to jail for a couple of months.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 25, 2013 at 10:31 PM

bump

• MJP76
    by MJP76
    February 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM

She needs talked to about it.. I would also burn her burn book right in front of her.

• 20Keller12
    February 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    I'd chew her ass for it.
  • bmw29
    by bmw29
    February 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    I think it's typical behavior and if it stays confined to that outlet at home than it may be a bit of a release for her negative emotions.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 25, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Well, to be honest, you were snooping.  Sometimes kids need to vent and get things out and maybe that's what she was doing.  I wouldn't confront her but I would talk and see if she's having problems with anyone at school. 

• Hi_Rae
    by Hi_Rae
    February 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM
    Tell her to lay off the Mean Girls. No one likes Regina George
  • Dzyre1115
    February 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I'm spiteful, I would make her a page in the book and put it back so she could see how it feels and then I would kick her ass!

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    I would "burn" her a new one! Burn books are not cool!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

You need to talk to her about. People are getting crazy and going overboard with punishing bullies. A girl in my DD's high school went to jail for taking a picture of a big girl at her school and texting it to her friends with disparaging remarks. I can't remember what the charges were, but she went to jail for a couple of months.

Oh wow, yeah I don't plan on doing all of that lol I don't think she actually bullies anyone. I know some will say she I'm just a blind parent but she really doesn't seem to have it in her to pick on another person- to their face. I guess at home is a different story. Plus I've seen her interact with these girls. I don't think they would be willing to talk to her or hang out with her if she bullied them, kwim?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts