Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Am I being unreasonable??
by Anonymous
February 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I'm having my first child with dh. My mil has offered to babysit our baby once she's born and has talked about wanted to have baby spend the night at her house- I really really don't want to offend my MIL but there is no way in hell I"m letting my baby go over to her house.

My reason: mil and her boyfriend smoke cigarettes and weed inside there house, and her car always smells like weed. I don't have anything against people smoking, I just don't want it around my baby!! And I don't want her driving around with my baby when she's stoned.

How do I tell her I don't want my baby in her house or car without being a total b*#ch

Replies

• alexsmomaubrys2
    February 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Nope. Keep your baby away. I grew up in a house full of smokers and it really screwed me up and took years for my lungs to heal after I moved out. =(

• terpmama
    February 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

You don't... That's what hubby is for.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Breastfeed...and tell her she hates bottles and can't be away from you.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    Tell here the truth. Sometimes it hurts but that is the only way to go.
  • ButterMeUp
    February 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Your fears are warranted. Be polite and stand your ground. You're the baby's mother.
  • AmandaMichele
    Have your dh be open and honest about it.
  • iwilliams76

Just tell her you are concerned for your baby's health & smoking around a baby isn't good for it. I'm sure you can find info on the internet or get some info from your doctor. If she gets upset oh well. Don't let her bully you into doing something you don't feel good about.

• xtwistedxlovex
    February 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You don't. You let her son be the one to tell her because it's almost guaranteed you'll just be "that bitch who's making up excuses to keep her grandkid from her" but her own kid saying it will be taken more seriously.

• CrazyLife1996
    February 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
    Nope I wouldn't allow it either.
  • kdloves.
    February 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Hell NO you're NOT being unreasonable. I wouldn't let my baby go over there either!!! I don't know if there's any nice way of saying it.... Just tell her straight out or have dh do it. 

** I'll be having my first baby with df soon and my MIL also smokes ciggs AND she takes prescription anxiety and depression meds. I would NOT want her to be alone with my son. Who knows what could happen! The anxiety meds make her a bit loopy.... She could drop a pill by accident... You never know. Plus the smell of smoke stays in your clothes and hair and the baby doesn't need to be around that mess. 

I'm gonna have a hell of a time figuring out how I'm gonna prevent her from being alone with my son. Esp since df thinks she'd be the perfect sitter.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN