Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Bisexual child
by Anonymous
February 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I love my daughter so much and have raised her that everyone is equal. She is 15 and has decided she is bisexual. I think she to young to make such a life altering choice. I feel like a hypocrite, and am so lost:(

Replies

• peanutsmommy1
    February 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Didnt you at 15 that you were straight?
  • Kris_PBG
    February 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

It is not a "choice" - it is part of who a person is and part of their identity.

As she continues to grow, this self identification may shift or may, in fact, be perfectly accurate.

Why woud you think she doesn't know herself enough to know who she may be attracted to?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    You made the life altering choice to be straight at 15 didn't you? Why can she not be trusted with this choice?
  • ms-superwoman
    February 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Most kids know what their sexual orientation is way before 15. I mean at 15, you knew your sexual orientation right?

• kdloves.
    February 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM

There are FAR worse things out there. Perhaps its just a phase. Either way, it's nooooooo big deal.

• Retrokitty
    February 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Quoting Kris_PBG:

It is not a "choice" - it is part of who a person is and part of their identity.

As she continues to grow, this self identification may shift or may, in fact, be perfectly accurate.

Why woud you think she doesn't know herself enough to know who she may be attracted to?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    I'll share that she had a boyfriend and had an emotional break-up. At this point a girl she knew started talking to her and pretty much changed who she was. My daughter has told me that if she had not talked to this girl that she wouldn't like girls. Plus she always talks about guys and how cute they are, I believe that she is using it as a cop out cause she is afraid of a relationship with a guy. She is a wonderful child, but as a mother I can't help but worry about her and the choices she makes.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    At least if she is having sex with this girl she cant get preg right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll share that she had a boyfriend and had an emotional break-up. At this point a girl she knew started talking to her and pretty much changed who she was. My daughter has told me that if she had not talked to this girl that she wouldn't like girls. Plus she always talks about guys and how cute they are, I believe that she is using it as a cop out cause she is afraid of a relationship with a guy. She is a wonderful child, but as a mother I can't help but worry about her and the choices she makes.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind:)
  • amberbamber0213
    February 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Well nothing wrong with being bi, but my sister said the same thing when she was that age and now she is straight it was just a phase for her.

Mom Confessions