Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Blueliner
Parents' highest level of education vs. yours?
February 24, 2013 at 3:50 AM

My dad has a BS, my mom went to a 4 year college but never graduated.

Grandparents? One grandfather has a Masters, I'd don't think any of the others went to college, but I'm not positive. I know they all graduated from HS though. Oh and my step-grandmother has her Masters too.

One sister has her BA and our youngest sister hasn't finished college.

I have a BA and MA.

DH's fam:

Dad did a 2 year trade school, Mom HS grad, his grandmother AND her mother (great grandmother!) both have/had BS's. His grandmother is in her 80's so I think it's pretty amazing that her mother went to college!

DH has a BA.

Replies

• Toadstoolmama
    February 24, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    Both of my parents have their masters degree. Both my brother and I have our bachelors degree.

I plan on going back to school one day, but I'm pretty happy with my career right now.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Mom is a lawyer, dad has a degree in higher math.

her parents?  Grandma got a degree in math, grandpa on economics.

Both of moms grand fathers were pastors.

his parents?  Grandma graduated highschool pregnant and married to grandpa and grandpa didn't graduate.

I have a degree in ceramics, and minors in math and psychology.  If I would have gone a fifth year I would have also have a degree in math education and art Ed as well as majors in math and psychology. Hubby got accepted medical school and I was pregnant with number one so I just did four years instead of five,

• Fields456
    February 24, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    My mom has a BA and her real estate brokers licence and my dad has his law degree. I have some college and my real estate license
  • banana-bear
    February 24, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    My mom didn't make it to high school, my dad is dead so I have no clue about him. My grandparents didn't finish high school.

I'm in college right now.
  • DarlaHood
    February 24, 2013 at 4:02 AM

My parents graduated H.S. only.  My mom went to Cosmetology school and took art classes.  3 of my grandparents had less than a high school education.  1 grandmother graduated high school.  I have her high school yearbooks, and they say, to a swell gal, congratulations on your engagment.  I hope we can play cards with you and Ray sometime.... ahahahaha

I have a B.S and I'm 4 classes away from finishing my Master's.

• DarlaHood
    February 24, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I didn't know they had a Ceramics major.  That seems pretty cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

his parents?  Grandma graduated highschool pregnant and married to grandpa and grandpa didn't graduate.

I have a degree in ceramics, and minors in math and psychology.  If I would have gone a fifth year I would have also have a degree in math education and art Ed as well as majors in math and psychology. Hubby got accepted medical school and I was pregnant with number one so I just did four years instead of five,

• opal10161973
    February 24, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Mom is a couple of classes shy of her BSN, she does have an ASN.  Dad does not have a degree.  My sister has a masters.  I have an AA, working on a BSE.

• your_angel
    February 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    My mom has her PH.D in Criminal Justice. I .....do not lol. I'm still working on my BA :(
    My step dad her husband only has an h.s education.
  • MommyAddie
    February 24, 2013 at 4:07 AM
    I've noticed a link to this in my family. On my dad's side, my grandpa graduated college. My dad and his childless brother are the only two of the kids that went to college, although his sister married a dentist. Of the grandchildren on that side, the dentist's kid and I are the only ones that went to college. Her two children are both college graduates.

On mom's side, she is the only one who went to college and I am the only grandchild who went to college. My mom's other children (their dad is a college grad) one went into the Army, the other dropped out of college.

My dad has another child with a woman who didn't go to school, and my brother hasn't gone either.

I see a definite connection on the likelihood of higher education based on the education of the parents in my family.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 24, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I didn't either until I went to college!  It was lots of fun getting it to.  My favorite class was thermal chemistry.  I wrote paper after paper applying melting points of glazes and what chemicals make different colors on pottery.  I was the only art student to get an A.  I also did a research paper on what paint pigments were made from.  One of the yellow oil paints is made from fresh cow poop that have only been fed mangos.... Fun right? Wash your hands well after painting class....

Quoting DarlaHood:

I didn't know they had a Ceramics major.  That seems pretty cool.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN