Mom Confessions

UxorQuodMatris.
Bathing suit shopping=torture
February 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM
We're (we being me, my husband, our 3 kids, MIL, FIL, and SIL) going to Disney World next month, the place we are staying has a private pool so I need to buy a bathing suit.

Last summer this was hard because I had lost weight, except for my boobs. So everything that fit up top did not fit on bottom. I've lost even more weight since then, yay, except once again, boobs stayed the same (I'm nursing, idk if that's why), ugh.
A two piece would be an excellent idea IF I didn't have freakin stretch marks. Grrr. Tankinis look funny because if they fit my boobs, they're too wide around the middle. It's not like I'm exceptionally small with gigantic breasts, this is so frustrating.

I can either deal with a too big on bottom or too small on top suit, or suck it up and display those freakin stretch marks.

Or just not swim at all.

Replies

• UxorQuodMatris.
    February 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Bump to see if anyone else has this problem and possibly a solution.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

story of my life since having ds. i've just done tankini's that are a litle larger around the belly. i'd rather have my girls covered. i look stupid but so what, atleast im not flashing all the families lol..im not trying to impress anyone either ya know lol

• mommynewc
    February 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    A lot of Victoria secret bathing suits go by cup size! There are also stores that specialize in bathing suits for bigger busts. Google it!
  • UxorQuodMatris.
    February 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    I didn't even think about VS! D'oh! Do they sell them in store or just online?

Quoting mommynewc:

A lot of Victoria secret bathing suits go by cup size! There are also stores that specialize in bathing suits for bigger busts. Google it!
  • mommynewc
    February 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    Online. Good luck I hope you find something you love!

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

I didn't even think about VS! D'oh! Do they sell them in store or just online?

Quoting mommynewc:

• kellysparkles
    February 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I personally would choose to not swim but that's because I hate swimming lol.  Are your stretch marks on your belly or your sides?  If they're on the belly you could do the type of suit that is technically a one piece but open on the sides; it's a sexy cut and would still cover your chest.

Hope you all have fun!!

• peggytoo
    February 23, 2013 at 9:08 AM

After four kids and dealing with age related southern shift of things it is challenging for me too in I finding a swim suit that works with my boobs, tush, and tummy all at the same time.  Mentally I am not a fan of a two pierce though dd thinks otherwise.   Id go with what hubs & kids think.  If they like how you look and are willing to walk with you to the pool, wear that suit.   That has worked for me (most of the time).

good luck

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM

TitleNine has a lot of cute two piece suits and many of the tops go by cup size.  On-line.

• SpnFulOfSugar
    February 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    Victoria secret!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    Try pinupgirlclothing.com they have a lot of nice one peices that will fit your boobs and cover your tummy.

Mom Confessions