Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Teach Your Daughters to Shoot
by Anonymous
February 23, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Replies

• winkyloafer
    February 23, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    I've nothing nice to say. ABANDON THREAD.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    I actually taught them to not get involved with assholes that would need a restraining order. There are usually signs.....but they both can shoot-started when they were 5 as did the boys. Problem is this-cops will take weapons when there is domestic violence-and it doesn't matter who owns them....Happened in New York state and it resulted in the death of the woman AND her Father (whom she had gone to stay with)
  • suetoo
    by suetoo
    February 23, 2013 at 7:53 AM

And teach our sons. Learning to handle guns safely is the foundation for responsible gun ownership. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM

and then theres the concealed weapons some women hide just to stay safe

Quoting Anonymous:

I actually taught them to not get involved with assholes that would need a restraining order. There are usually signs.....but they both can shoot-started when they were 5 as did the boys. Problem is this-cops will take weapons when there is domestic violence-and it doesn't matter who owns them....Happened in New York state and it resulted in the death of the woman AND her Father (whom she had gone to stay with)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It would be registered to you if you purchased it legally in most states.  So how would they NOT know you had it?

Not to mention if you have kids-how concealed is concealed?  Hmmmm? And if it has a trigger lock-how useful is it if you have to get to it-unlock the trigger lock and then load it?

A gunsafe is clearly the way to go (and my guess is it will be made the law eventually.....)  But that wouldn't protect you from a stupid cop.

• Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 7:59 AM

a gunsafe won't protect a stalker from killing the stalked either....no person being stalked is going to keep their gun locked up....and i am speaking from experience..i slept with a shotgun in bed with me to protect myself.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It would be registered to you if you purchased it legally in most states.  So how would they NOT know you had it?

Not to mention if you have kids-how concealed is concealed?  Hmmmm? And if it has a trigger lock-how useful is it if you have to get to it-unlock the trigger lock and then load it?

A gunsafe is clearly the way to go (and my guess is it will be made the law eventually.....)  But that wouldn't protect you from a stupid cop.

• Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 8:00 AM

and no, the gun was not registered...would i have used it if need be? Absolutely. 

Quoting Anonymous:

a gunsafe won't protect a stalker from killing the stalked either....no person being stalked is going to keep their gun locked up....and i am speaking from experience..i slept with a shotgun in bed with me to protect myself.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    My 9year old daughter knows how to shoot. When to shoot. And where to aim.

She also knows guns are not toys to be played with.

Her 7 year old sister is starting to learn gun safety.

My husband and I believe that by removing the mystique surrounding guns, kids are less likely to pick them up and play with them.

They also stay locked in a safe when we are not shooting them.

The only guns that are within reach(but the kids don't know where they are) are my husbands pistol and my revolver.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 23, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Both my daughter and son do marksmanship and safety classes.  Both shoot competitively as well.  Both my husband and I have our concealed licenses.

And yes, I was stalked, and I shoot to kill.

• libramoon007
    February 23, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I plan to but not because of restraining orders. 

Mom Confessions