Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
MagicTemptation
Women who will not date single man with kids....
February 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM

If you are or were to become a single mother, then would you remain single until your kids are adults? 

I am seeing alot of women on here say they would never date a man who has children. So I am curious to know if those same women if they are single do not even attempt to date, or if those mothers were to become single, they wouldn't date?

Replies

• WifeyC
    by WifeyC
    February 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM

If DH and I divorce then I will never date a man with kids again.

If a man chooses to not date me because of my children then that is his choice.  It's happened before, it didn't bother me.

• boshs1andonly
    February 22, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I would remain single indefinitely. I have no plans to date if my husband were to pass away or we were to get a divorce

• alexsmomaubrys2

It would take a lot before I would be willing to date again if my husband were to die. I would not date a man with children because I don't want all of that drama and confusion. Yes, I know it is a double standard but that is how I feel.

• Lauriemom

I don't plan on divorcing my husband ever, so not a question I'll have to deal with

• MrsDavidB25
    February 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM

No I would not remain single. I would look for  a man who didn't have any children, or at this point since I am getting older grown children might be ok. I would have to see.

• bremery
    by bremery

Same as Wifey. If DH and I were to divorce, I wouldn't date another man with children.

• Lauriemom

I feel the same way.  I have the right to decide what I want for my life, and if a man doesn't want to date a woman with kids, that is his right too

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

It would take a lot before I would be willing to date again if my husband were to die. I would not date a man with children because I don't want all of that drama and confusion. Yes, I know it is a double standard but that is how I feel.

• CreziaMommyTo2
    February 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM

if i were to become single i would date and if a man chose not to date me because i had kids, it would not bother me at all, thats his preference.. he doesnt want baggage just like i would not want to date a man with kids, because i dont need the extra baggage.

its about preference and what i want... there are certain races i wont date, but it doesnt make me a racist, it makes me not attracted to them, a preference, i also wouldnt date a man who made less than x amount of money, it doesnt make me greedy, its a preference.

but here on CM, if you wont date a man with kids, your a horribe person, if you dont date ALL races you are racist, and if you date a man who makes x amount of money or more you are greedy.

do you care that much?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    I would date when my kids are grown. I will never bring another man around my kids. My dad never remarried or dated even tho we are grown and out of the house.
  • Kmary
    by Kmary
    February 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I'm not in those situations, but I don't think one automatically dictates another.  Everyone has their dealbreakers.  If a woman does not think it would work well for her to date someone with children, then so be it.  But that doesn't mean that in the event of her becoming a single parent that she shouldn't date.  She may find a man who doesn't have that same dealbreaker and is very comfortable dating a woman who already has children.   I think everyone needs to decide for themself what they personally can handle.  Just because a person can't handle dealing with potential stepchildren doesn't mean they shouldn't date someone who could deal with potential stepchildren, know what I mean? 

Personally, I admire people who know their own limits.  But both members of a couple don't need to have the same limits as one another.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts