Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Seriously cannot stand my DD's teacher. AGHHHH! WTF!?! EDIT #2
by Anonymous
February 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Sent an email to my DD's 1st grade teacher last night giving her a heads up for today letting her know that I would be checking her out today early at 1:30 because she has to be at the gym for a private lesson due to the fact she had to miss hers yesterday because her sisters were sick and I couldn't get her there. Mind you this kid doesn't miss school, is a top student, yada, yada, yada. 

My dd has a meet tomorrow morning and this is her last private before the meet, otherwise I wouldn't bother. Not a big deal right? 

I get this response... 

Dear Mrs. ....

I think this is ridiculous. She is not being checked out for an academic reason or a Dr's appt. There is no excuse for her to miss school for a private gymnastics lesson. If I had a say in this, it would be unexcused and she would not be able to make up the work she will miss. I assume this will not become a habit.

are you friggin kiddin me?!?!?!? It is only a half hour early! 

I have a response for this woman! Is starts with an F and ends with a YOU!!! 

Who on earth is she to talk to me like that? My kid never misses school, has never been in trouble a day in her life, is on the principals honor roll, WTF?!? I haven't liked this teacher from day one. She is great with the kids but is socially awkward  with adults. I don't even know what to say other than AGHHHHHHHH! WTF ! 

• ****Edit******
  • My email response...
  • Dear Mrs...
  • Thank you for your kind informative words. I wasn't looking for opinions about my descision   to take ....out of school early or permission to do so. I was simply trying to give you the courtesy of prior notice in the event that you needed it. I am her mother and I will do what I deem necessary. I will not be needing any more input from you in reference to my parental choices. In the future I will simply go to the front office to sign her out without sending you notice. Have a lovely weekend.
  • Sincerely,
  • Mrs. ...

*****Edit #2 the Final KICKER!!!*******

So when I went to check my dd out I noticed the secretary said someone else's name when they called the classroom. I just assumed it was the new college intern they have who I haven't met yet this week. I just asked my 3rd grader who this Miss so and so is and she says oh, that's the new Music teacher intern. WHAAAAAAAT THE WHATTT! After ALLL this bs she was is in friggin Music class anyway!?! Meaning she was all packed and ready to go and NOT DOING ANY CLASS WORK!!! I want to punch this woman in the neck. At this point all I can do is laugh and get through the next four months. My daughter loves her. That's all that matters right? Oh.ma.Gawd! 

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Bump

• TypeAndRun
    February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

She has a point,  and I agree it should be an unexcused absence.  But IMO she handled it unprofessionally.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Whenever I have to take my kids out of school, it's always for an "appt".  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Sorry but  I agree with the teacher. School should come before sports.

• peanutsmommy1

not a professional way to word it, but I agree with her

• mtdew
    by mtdew

The teacher could have handled it better, but I think she is right.

• elephantmamaof2
    February 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

She didn't word it great, but she's right. She needs to find the time outside of school to do that. I understand that it was only a one time thing, but that still doesn't make it right. Its almost like telling the teacher that gymnastics are more important than school. Which is a personal choice, because I know that gymnastics can lead to college scholarships and other opportunities. I think now is a good time to evaluate where the priorities lie, because there are options for children who want to put more of a priority into a sport, like homeschooling or cyberschooling. If you don't plan on ever pulling her out like that again, then I'd just brush it off. Its not worth getting into an argument.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I agree with her.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    I would send an email back thanking her for her input, but say that being this is your child, you will be the one making the decision on when it is acceptable for her to miss school. Say the email you sent was not asking permission, it was simply a courtesy email to let her know your dd would be leaving
  • Miller0305

SHe was out of line.  I'd forward that to the principal, this teacher needs to work on her delivery.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts