Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Im about ready to give up BF...
by Anonymous
February 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Its been so stressful. Baby is eating every hour a lot of times because he keeps falling asleep. I only have one good boob...the other one is way smaller and harder to nurse on ( which is making baby upset) We run a daycare out of the home and DH is ending up doing everything because I'm stuck BF all day. And our baby is becoming colicy.Sometimes I think he goes to the breast for comfort...like when he wants to.eat twice in one hour.

It makes me really sad to even think about quitting. I really don't want to. Especially since he loves it so much. Im trying to pump but I get less than an ounce and only when he is nursing on the other side.

And I'm also not feeling support from DH. I.understand his frustration. He feels helpless. He sees me struggling. Last night I was struggling to nurse with a migraine. To make it worse I started crying. That's when DH broke down and said " maybe its time to quit BF"

Every day I hear negative comments about nurse. So I have my own struggles with BF, the daycare issues and DH who would just rather me quit. Im about ready to give up

Replies

• cyork2
    by cyork2
    February 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    I'm sorry momma, I'm really no help since I didn't nurse, but I can tell you I regret my decision. A LOT! Maybe try to stick with it a little longer, I've heard it gets easier. Good luck!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    Thank you

Quoting cyork2:

I'm sorry momma, I'm really no help since I didn't nurse, but I can tell you I regret my decision. A LOT! Maybe try to stick with it a little longer, I've heard it gets easier. Good luck!

• peanutsmommy1
    February 22, 2013 at 9:16 AM

how old is the baby?

• Nickie76
    February 22, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I'm sorry :( I just gave of BFing my twins and I was devestated! Good luck!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    How old is your baby? Nursing is hard in the beginning but gets better as time goes on. Pumps are the worst thing ever and showing what you're really supplying the baby. Hang in there, it's worth it.
  • danie24
    by danie24

How old is the baby?

It's normal for babies to want to eat often. Some babies eat every 30 minutes. It's because breastmilk is so perfect, it is digested very quickly.

And it's also completely normal for a baby to go to the breast for comfort. Breastfeeding isn't just important for nutrition. It's also VERY important for brain development, bonding and so much more.

Don't give up. You had a baby. You can't expect a baby to not cry or get fussy.. infants are suppose to wake us up all night, and be snuggled and fed at the breast all day. It is what it is.

After a month or two the baby will settle into an easier routine (still getting up throughout the night and feeding often, just on a more regular schedule)

Good luck!

• stickyfingers
    February 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    That is totally normal for a newborn. Keep trying to pump and nurse on the side with less, it will start to make more. Nurse on that side first. As far as the amount you get when you pump that is normal too. Baby gets more than when you pump because your body responds to the baby better than the pump. When baby falls asleep try taking off his socks or undressing her. It is hard at first but once the two of you get the hang of it it will be easier.

Dh is frustrated and does have to do more but it's not for you it is for your baby. Don't quit yet give it a couple months. it is so special when the baby sees you and gets all excited and happy when they are going to nurse. How old is your baby?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM
    Almost 4 weeks

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

how old is the baby?

• coala
    by coala
    February 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Another thing to consider is the possiblity of reflux.  Before you give up please talk the ped before you throw in the towel.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I gave up. The entire household was happier, even the dog. Too much stress. My dd is now 4, learning to read, healthy, and just fine.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts