Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Letting a sick kid play in the snow?
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Do you think it is okay for my toddler to go outside and play in the snow (with me of course) He has a little bit of a cold. It wouldnt be for more than 10 mins.

Replies

• EvasMommy326
    February 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    I wouldn't for fear she will get sicker
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM
    I wasnt sure if that was a myth or not. I definitely dont want him to get sicker.

Quoting EvasMommy326:

I wouldn't for fear she will get sicker

• mariesmama
    February 21, 2013 at 5:25 PM

a cold maybe if its done snowing

• Anonymous 1
    February 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM
    It is done snowing, but there is a beautiful 5 inches out there just waiting to be played in lol.

I dont mind keeping him in, he just is going a little stir crazy and I thought some fresh air would do us both some good. He seems to feel fine, but his nose is runny, and he has a tiny cough when he lays down.

Quoting mariesmama:

a cold maybe if its done snowing

• Kirsten3
    Sometimes fresh air helps, 10 minutes will not break him.
  • Simple-Beauty

Bring the snow inside. I fill up casserole dishes with snow when I don't feel like dressing 2 kids and dragging them outside. They love it and the snow holds up a good bit longer than you'd think. Give him spoons and cups to play with.

If you have a waterplay table, use that. My son has one and I've used that before too (though it's a lot more to clean up).

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    Oh yes. Get her some fresh air, exercise, run off some excess energy. Even if she had a bit of fever. At least I did w my kids.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I dont see why not. My ds had a cold, and it was cold out, no snow, but it was cold. You get better with fresh air and some sun. And it is a myth that cold makes you sick.

• Sunshine201
    February 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

if he feels up to it I most certainly would. ten minutes of fun in the snow!!!!enjoy!

• Anonymous 1
    February 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Thats the thing, he hasnt felt good the last 2 days, so we have just been couped up. Today he seems to feel fine and his energy is back with a vengence lol but his nose is still runny and he has a minor cough while laying down

Quoting Sunshine201:

if he feels up to it I most certainly would. ten minutes of fun in the snow!!!!enjoy!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN