Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
America's abusive relationship with its citizens.
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Replies

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    February 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Interesting
  • mama3p
    by mama3p
    February 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Love this...America has it's good points but is pretty fucked up...If I could afford to move to another country I probably would...then again my state is practically treated and considered another country by most americans...

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I love some things about where I live, but I can't honestly say I love the country any more. I used to but it's... well, like loving an abusive partner, at this point. All they do is hurt you and treat you like you're worthless, but you're either unable to leave, too scared to, or too invested in the one or two bright aspects of the relationship to give up what hurts.

• Farmlady09
    February 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM

That isn't what America or the Constitution stand for ~ that is the American government (and you'd get no argument from me that Uncle Sammy needs a boot up his arse).

• KaysMom06
    February 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I agree.

Where do you live? Texas?

Quoting mama3p:

Love this...America has it's good points but is pretty fucked up...If I could afford to move to another country I probably would...then again my state is practically treated and considered another country by most americans...

• KaysMom06
    February 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Very good analogy!

Quoting Anonymous:

I love some things about where I live, but I can't honestly say I love the country any more. I used to but it's... well, like loving an abusive partner, at this point. All they do is hurt you and treat you like you're worthless, but you're either unable to leave, too scared to, or too invested in the one or two bright aspects of the relationship to give up what hurts.

• mama3p
    by mama3p
    February 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting KaysMom06:

I agree.

Where do you live? Texas?

Quoting mama3p:

Heck No! LoL.. I live in Hawai'i :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 21, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh? Isn't this the rhetoric we hear from "TRUE 'MERICANS" all the time?

Military loves this bullshit. Constitution screamin' wingnuts from the right love this rhetoric.

And don't give me that constitution bull. The constitution was written by and for a bunch of rich white male slaveowners who said everyone should be free... except blacks, poor people, immigrants, women and Indians. It remains by and for rich, white men.

Quoting Farmlady09:

That isn't what America or the Constitution stand for ~ that is the American government (and you'd get no argument from me that Uncle Sammy needs a boot up his arse).

• AVSpecWife4
    February 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    Interesting. Must ponder on this.
  • MeAndTommyLee
    February 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I've never heard anyone say any of these things. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN