Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How big is your house?
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Last summer we moved from a smallish 1,500 sq ft house to a 3,000 sq ft house. On one hand its harder to keep it clean because there is so much floor space but on the other hand its easier to keep it clean because its not as cluttered and everything has its place.

So how big is your house and do you find it easy or hard to keep it clean? Do you have a cleaning schedule?

Replies

• Christy644
    February 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

mine is 1300sq ft. The set up is open so it doesn't feel small at all. I'd like to have bigger bedrooms but the kids will be moving our in a few years so no biggie. I bought this place for the acre of property and the huge shop out back. 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    I have no idea the square footage but its a 3 bedroom 2 bath. I'd say its medium in size. Not terribly small and not real big
  • the.warden
    It's around 1200sq ft. Not big. We're saving to build a bigger house on some land we bought a few years ago. It's a bit small for me and its easy to clean but it looks too cluttered
  • Hellobabies

2700 sq ft. It can get difficult sometimes to keep clean with 2 toddlers and 3 dogs who are just as bad about dragging stuff out, but I can be somewhat crazy about what I consider to be clean. I am a stickler for clean floors so I deep clean them at least twice a week. I have hardwood and tile so it is no easy task. I have a schedule, but I hardly stick to it.

• sugareemommee
    February 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    Mine is about 3000 sq ft. It's too much sometimes, but it's always guest ready.
  • Hanab818
    We have 1800 sq ft. I feel like it's cleaned but during the day completely cluttered with the kids toys.
  • Shermy
    by Shermy
    900 sq ft

We love it :)
  • lovinglife0682
    3000 sq ft. There is a lot to clean but it stays less cluttered.
  • almondpigeon
    February 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

4,000 sf.  i feel the same way you do...it's easier to keep "picked up", but the cleaning takes a while..  there's no carpet (except in the playroom and basement), so mopping takes FOREVER.  i have a daily schedule, so i can keep the house really clean in 30-45 minutes a day.  the past few weeks have been hectic, however, and i've fallen off the schedule a bit.  if i try to clean the whole house at one time, it takes about 3 1/2 hours. the hardest part for me is laundry -- the laundry room is in the basement & my bedroom is on the 3rd floor.  i wait 'til my hamper is absolutely overflowing before i haul it down 4 flights of stairs.

• SuperPickle
    February 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My home is 1130 square feet, it is easy to keep clean, no true schedule, I just clean what needs to be cleaned.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts