Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How big is your house?
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Last summer we moved from a smallish 1,500 sq ft house to a 3,000 sq ft house. On one hand its harder to keep it clean because there is so much floor space but on the other hand its easier to keep it clean because its not as cluttered and everything has its place.

So how big is your house and do you find it easy or hard to keep it clean? Do you have a cleaning schedule?

Replies

• Josie_P
    by Josie_P
    February 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    Like 5200 sq ft. We have a housekeeper.
  • gilbertgrl627
    February 21, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Our house is 2000sq ft (big, unfinished basement that will eventually add another 800sq ft). Our house before was about 1600sq ft, and the apartment just before (we moved to another state) was 1000sq ft. It seems a little easier to clean, because everything does have it's place. But, at the same time, it can be a little more difficult because there are more rooms to clean. lol. I also have 3 kids, so that doesn't really help. I feel like I finish one room, move on to the next, and once I finish that room, the first room is messy again. lol.

I've tried to do a cleaning schedule, but it only worked for a little bit. Then something would come up (someone would get sick, youngest would start to get another tooth, etc) and it would throw everything off....and I'd have such a hard time getting back into the swing of things.

The one thing I try to do is clean the kitchen and dining room on Thursdays. Fridays are trash days (every other week is recycling), so I try to go through the fridge and pantry and clear that all out. That way I don't have food sitting in the trash can for a week, making the garage smell worse. lol. Fridays used to be laundry days, but I'm thinking I might change that to Saturdays. That way, DH is home to help a little bit (keeping the youngest from messing up my folded piles). lol.

• kngarber
    February 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    Idk our square footage. We live in a rental house. It's a 2 bedroom. The bedrooms are big as well as the kitchen, but we could definitely appreciate some extra room in the bathroom and living room. Very small living room.
  • lindilouwho82
    February 21, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My home is 3800 sq. feet and I have a housekeeper. She is on a very flexible cleaning schedule. My DH is also a heavy participant in domestic duties and I am very thankful he is so willing to stay on top of "daily maintenance's."

• babyspots17
    February 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    2100sq ft it is a split level and I hate it! It's a huge pain to keep clean and clutter free. We really don't have enough storage so even though its big it always looks messy.
  • Anonymous 11
    by Anonymous 11
    February 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

1400 sq. ft. We are looking to put a 1200 sq. ft. addition on this summer. I hate cleaning and do it as rarely as possible (no critters, mold or anything!)

• rebeccab1966
    February 21, 2013 at 10:53 AM

About 3600 square feet and 3 floors plus a huge basement.  The third floor is an office, bedroom and bathroom and since my husband is up there so much he cleans it, but I usually concentrate on the first floor and second floor with bedrooms.  The kids only go in the basement when they have friends over or want to play pool, so I only clean it once or twice a month.  Everything else is kept really clean, though, I'm a bit of a clean freak.

• JDmommyJD
    February 21, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    The square footage i know does not cover the fully finished basement....which is the Size of the main floor, not the attic..
    Its a 6br 3.5 bath home tho.
    I agree with cleaning. A lot more ground to cover-so it takes longer. But, it never gets messy because there is a place for everything. Clutter is nonexistent here.
  • armywifey26

We downgraded from a 3000 sq ft house to a 1700 sq foot house. Which I think is too small. I think something between 2000-2500 would be perfect for my family. 

• Anonymous 12
    by Anonymous 12
    3,800 sq ft.
    I think it's a lot easier to keep clean.
    My other house was tiny, I cleaned constantly, I was also always organizing and redoing spaces to try to minimize clutter. It still looked like a mess to me. Clutter is a big reason people's house look messy, to me anyway. It felt overwhelming even though it was clean.

I spend a lot less time with this house cleaning because it actually looks clean when I'm done. Haha

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN