Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How big is your house?
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Last summer we moved from a smallish 1,500 sq ft house to a 3,000 sq ft house. On one hand its harder to keep it clean because there is so much floor space but on the other hand its easier to keep it clean because its not as cluttered and everything has its place.

So how big is your house and do you find it easy or hard to keep it clean? Do you have a cleaning schedule?

Replies

• Fields456
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    2100sqft. It's not hard to clean but it's hard to keep uncluttered We don't have alot of closet space no linen closet and not much under the counter storage in the bathrooms I am about to redo the inside of our closet so hopefully it will give us more hanging and shelf space
  • -bliss-
    by -bliss-
    February 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    Our house is 3,700sf we also have an unfinished basement. Once we finish it, we'll have 5,600sf
  • Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6

Big enough we each have our own rooms and enough space for everything, but yet small enough I don't have to clean tons of rooms.

• bcoll
    by bcoll

I do not remember footage but it's 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 kitchens (because the basement was finished into a little in law apartment), living room, dining room, basement is a work out/ playroom for the little ones and the other room is a rec room of sorts for the big kids plus laundry room.

While it's bigger it also has storage and room for things so I still think easier to clean.

• mary841108
    February 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

1015 sq feet, we live in a duplex. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1 very large eat in kitchen and a huge living room. I start cleaning at 6 am, but do other things in between (make breakfast, fix lunches, have a cup of coffee or two or three, shower, take kids to school, ect.) i get it all done by 10 am. i do weekly deep cleans on a schedule though, example: mon: kitchen, tue: bathroom wed: living room, thur: bedrooms, Fri: closets. the deep clean is when i get down to the nitty gritty and it usually takes all day because i get everything top to bottom. we are buying a house and the house we are getting is 1450 sq feet

• MomofHDFandNWF
    February 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Ours is right around 1100 sq ft and I would love a bigger house... not as big as your new one.  I would be happy with something between 2000 and 2500 sq ft.   Unfortunately I don't see us moving anytime soon.  We bought my childhood home from my parents about 8 years ago - which is also across the road from the childhood home of my Dad (where they live now, and my Nana lives with them at 82 years old).  We talked about selling last fall to get something larger... we even went and looked at a house twice.  Then we "broke the news" to my parents, and my dad had a hard time with it.  He said that if we really wanted to sell, he wouldn't not sign off on the loan because he was the co-signer... But, he would rather figure out a way to keep us in our house and across the road from them... if it is financial, they will help us out with that.

I clean some every day - pick-up/straighten up, sweep, mop, wash down counters and table, dishes.... because I runa home-based business and have people in my house everyday.  Laundry gets done Thurs - Sat... Bathroom gets done about once a week, unless needed more often.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    February 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    Our main home is 1800sqft 2nd home is between 1500sqft-2000 not sure
  • Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    February 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM

About 1000 sq ft. I hate it...It feels so cluttered. I feel like I can't get it organized at all!

• Simple-Beauty
    February 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM

3230 sq ft. I hate cleaning this house, it's 4 levels. I think it would be a lot easier if were 2 levels.

• bleumonster
    February 21, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    It's about 1100 and way too cluttered.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts