Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How big is your house?
by Anonymous
February 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Last summer we moved from a smallish 1,500 sq ft house to a 3,000 sq ft house. On one hand its harder to keep it clean because there is so much floor space but on the other hand its easier to keep it clean because its not as cluttered and everything has its place.

So how big is your house and do you find it easy or hard to keep it clean? Do you have a cleaning schedule?

Replies

• Raeann11
    February 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Some where around 1,900 to 2,000 sq ft. It is perfect for us. Some days are harder then others. But even if it was smaller or bigger I would still have those days.

• momaof8
    by momaof8
    February 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

3 story 7bdrm 2 and a half bath      pain to keep up   very old victorian

• liveforever
    February 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

1300 sq feet. Its a good size for our family and easy to keep clean. I wish the bedrooms were bigger but it was built in 1923 so this is pretty standard ...as well as for most houses in the area.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 21, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    We went from 1300 sqft to 2700 sqft last year. I agree 100% with what you've said. Everything has a place now. But we didnt increase our amount of stuff. And we won't. Especially while the kids are little. I do a lot of little stuff to make sure I can always clean within an hour or two. This means minimal stuff, and stuff that requires little to no maintenance.
  • Val99
    by Val99

The upper two floors of my home are 5500 sq. ft.  The finished basement is about another 2000 sq. ft.  My husband and I live here with 3 small dogs.  The kids are grown so there are rooms I don't use at all.  Plus, we could use a different bathroom each day of the week. lol

I have a maid.  It takes 6 hours just to vacuum the whole house.

• Cmgmqmmom

3017 sq. feet. I only know exact because it's up for sale right now. We are buying something bigger.

I think it's hard to keep clean with 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats. We'll see if I can convince my husband to let me have the maid come more than two times a week in the new house. =)

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    February 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM

3600 sq. feet. It's about the same as any other house, but when it's messy it takes forever to clean. It gets overwhelming.

• chane_L
    by chane_L
    February 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM

2,100sqft on 2 acres and a 1,200sqft shop (shed)

with 1 less child living here (college) it's alot easier to keep clean ( now just waiting the 6yrs for the next 1 to leave)

• kimkrys1
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

mine is 2700 square feet and it is so hard to keep clean!! I went from a single wide trailer to THAT!!! It's not as cluttered but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with keeping it clean.. it doesnt help I have two sons and a husband... they leave stuff where it falls... UGH!!! I work full time and ohman its hard!!! No cleaning schedule. if you set one up can you share it with me????

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

1300 and way to damn small..I can't wait to get in a bigger house 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email