Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LetoLiebe
" I can't wait to take it easy"
February 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

Replies

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    February 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    It really isnt that hard to be a sahm

Now the appreciation part.... Thats one i wouldve laughed at
  • CutieCrab
    Jen
    February 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Okay.

• twinmommy27
    February 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    This.

Quoting SnapIt:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    February 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I think that depends on the woman.  Some women find it hard to be a sahm and would rather work.

Quoting SnapIt:

• MrsRobinson06
    February 21, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    I am on a four month maternity leave and it has felt like a wonderful vacation! My oldest is in school most of the day and my middle child is pretty easy for a two year old. Babies are the easiest of all. So taking it easy applies for me. Appreciation is a different story all together.
  • unspecified42
    February 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Depends on the family situation. My days off with my son are relaxing, even though I'm a single mom so I'm still busy doing SAHM stuff like cleaning, yard work, etc.

Depends on the job, too. Watching a few little kids would be a walk in the park compared to my job. Way easier to soothe a baby than code one!
  • twinmommy27
    February 21, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    I think being a SAHM is harder for unorganized people. If you're organized and have a good schedule, it's easy peasy.
  • sheena696
    February 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Eh, I've been a working mom, but I am a SAHM. Both have their stresses. I will say that I do have more time to relax as a SAHM. 

• sheena696
    February 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting twinmommy27:

I think being a SAHM is harder for unorganized people. If you're organized and have a good schedule, it's easy peasy.

I agree with this as well. I am notoriously unorganized, something I have been working on, and now that I am fixing that things are definitely easier. :)

• CatFishMom
    February 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Ive done both but now being home with my boys, number three on the way, and I homeschool-would I say it's easy? Sometimes but not always. There are definite advantages to being home and out of the public (I worked retail for more than ten years) but there are days when the kids are SCREAMING by the time Daddy gets home and I want to rip my hair out; those days I would gladly hand him the kids and go deal with the insane customers. :-)

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts