Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
LetoLiebe
" I can't wait to take it easy"
February 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I was at the park, doing my post jog/run play ground time with my youngest one. This nice woman walked up and started talking to me while I was doing my sit ups. We just started chatting and then we got on the topic of working and staying home with the kids and she said "I will be staying home with my 3 kids in about a week, I put in my resignation one week ago. I work my ass off and don't make any money and there's no appreciation for all the work I do. I can not wait to stay home with the kids so I can relax and take it easy for a while and finally get some appreciation, you know?" I held back my explosive laughter and just agreed with her. I remember feeling that way before I really understood the whole "labours of love" thing for real. I do feel that caring for your kids if you can, is best for them, and I love being able to be there for them, for now, until I find a job that works for our family, but if your expecting relaxation and highly deserved appreciation, you've been watching too many made for tv scripted house wives shows. I didn't have the heart or the time to challenge her expectations. My bon bons, 20 year old tennis coach and 12:00 spa appointment where waiting, lol. Why ruin the surprise!

Replies

• MamaRae85
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Lucky you! lol My boss orders me around, sleeps at random times RIGHT AT THE WORKPLACE, eats bizarre foods, talks to himself constantly, runs back and forth like a crazy person, and gets more emotional than everyone else in the building combined. HE EVEN POOPS IN HIS UNDERWEAR SOMETIMES! 

Disclaimer: That was in lighthearted fun. I don't view my child as "my boss". LOL

LOL.. I have been a SAHM for about 7 years... I think the work is about equal to working out of the house (at least is it for me... I do all cooking, cleaning, make sure all bills are paid, do all the kid related stuff)... Best thing about being a SAHM for me is.. NO BOSS!! 

• Ms.KitKat
    February 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I give her  a week until her entire world comes crashing down on her! LOL

My sil thought the same exact thing. I was a sahm (and the envy of the family). Within 6 weeks, sil was climbing the walls! and she was back to work within a year. Don;t get me wrong! I loved the years I was a sahm mom- but the envy part.....not so much.

• jamamama00
    February 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Holy moly, I'm with you! I've got three kids under five. An 18 mo old and newborn right now. The only reason I'm on Cafe Mom is because I'm sitting here nursing...and it's driving me effing crazy. My other DD's are throwing Lego's all over the damn floor and I can smell a dirty diaper right now but can't get up:/ Getting all of us bathed and dressed every day and dinner ready for when my DH gets home is a nightmare!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd bet the majority of women who say being a SAHM is not hard probably have school age children that are out of the home a good chunk of the day.

Not like SAHM's like me that have two babies 17 months apart who I'm with CONSTANTLY.

No its not easy, it is VERY difficult, OP that lady really has it coming if her kids are not school aged. Only way being a SAHM is easy is if you have a nanny to help, or the kids are at school for 8 hours.

• KristenandCaleb
    February 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hahahaaaaaa she is in for a rude awakening!!

• jen2150
    by jen2150

Personally I would have laughed at the taking it easy part and agreed with appreciation.  I receive appreciation from my husband and kids.  I don't give them a choice.  They either appreciate me or some heads are going to roll.  I am extremely busy by choice.  SAHM don't just clean and take care of kids.  I am much more involved than that.  I know it is hard to believe but there are SAHM's that receive a lot of appreciation.

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7

You're patronizing her after your jog and while you were at the playground -- I don't know too many working moms who even have time for that much. 

I completely disagree with the proverbial pissing match, so I will preface this by saying I guess it depends on the type of job that any working mom has.  I'm sure if you're a receptionist, being a SAHM by comparison is super tough.  Working would almost seem like a break really.

But after my days of managing a sales team (whom act enough like children), facillity planning for new product launches, coordinating off-site events and negotiating profit margins with top shot-callers of businesses in my area, going home to referee my two boys seems like a cake walk to me. 

When my kids of are off from school, and I'm playing SAHM, yeah it seems relaxing to me.  I don't have to hurry out of the house, iron clothes, pack lunches, meet schedules or deadlines....I can just lounge around in my jammies and drink coffee.  But to each their own.

• KaysMom06
    February 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

LOL

• Anonymous 8
    by Anonymous 8
    I've only been a sahm for a month and two weeks and I can't wait till I go back to work but for me it is easier to be a sahm then a working mom but I have to have a place to go to get away from the kids the stress me out more than working.
  • michiganmom5150
    My ex never got that it is stressful to be at home with a newborn and a toddler. With one, it was easy. A colicky baby and an active toddler was stressful. I was begging to go to the store ALONE one night and he was like why can't you take the kids? It is a thankless job. I wish I didn't have to work, but there is work to be done. I think of it like this...when was the last time someone was crying when you were at work? Unless you work at a daycare, prolly been a while. I have friends that couldn't and don't and it's not because they need the money. Just not what they dream of doing.
  • luvmymunchkins3

i have one in half day kinder and 2 still at home and its still not that hard

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd bet the majority of women who say being a SAHM is not hard probably have school age children that are out of the home a good chunk of the day.

Not like SAHM's like me that have two babies 17 months apart who I'm with CONSTANTLY.

No its not easy, it is VERY difficult, OP that lady really has it coming if her kids are not school aged. Only way being a SAHM is easy is if you have a nanny to help, or the kids are at school for 8 hours.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts